From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Richard John wrote:
>>> When I send from my two computers running Windows 7 - one 32 bit one 64,
>>> If I have a very large text message or an attachment of any size (even a
>>> screen shot) the outgoing email message will stall. My old desktop
>>> computer running XP does not have this problem.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Posting your question in the appropriate Win7-specific forum?
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
>>
>> Stating the Mail Client you're using and if the installed anti-virus
>> application is configured to scan outgoing & incoming mail?
>
> I don't see windows 7 in the list of mail clients

Huh?

Are you accessing your mail in MS Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird,
or...?

Networking, MAIL, and Getting Online forum
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7network/threads

Internet Explorer forum
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads

From: Daave on
Richard John wrote:
> When I send from my two computers running Windows 7 - one 32 bit one
> 64, If I have a very large text message or an attachment of any size
> (even a screen shot) the outgoing email message will stall. My old
> desktop computer running XP does not have this problem.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Try the mozilla.support.thunderbird newsgroup.

Or the Web forum:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=39

From: VanguardLH on
Richard John wrote:

> When I send from my two computers running Windows 7 - one 32 bit one 64,
> If I have a very large text message or an attachment of any size (even a
> screen shot) the outgoing email message will stall. My old desktop
> computer running XP does not have this problem.

Windows 7 doesn't come with an e-mail client. Nope, not one e-mail
program. You have to install one. Are to guess that your *e-mail*
client is the same program used as your *newsreader* client?

Did you yet find out what is the anti-abuse quotas at whomever is your
UNIDENTIFIED e-mail provider regarding the maximum size you can send for
an e-mail? The size of the original file that you attach is irrelevant.
All e-mail, and I mean all of it, gets sent as plain text. HTML is
text. RTF is text with a .dat attachment. Attachments are encoded into
long text strings in MIME sections within the body of your message.
It's all text. That encoding into text of an attachment will bloat the
size of the attached content by 137%, or far more. Save a draft of your
e-mail and then look in the Drafts folder under the Size column to see
what will be the actual size of your e-mail when you send it. Then
consider if it is under the max-size-per-message anti-abuse quota at
your unidentified e-mail provider.
From: Richard John on
On 07/06/2010 6:26 PM, PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Richard John wrote:
>> When I send from my two computers running Windows 7 - one 32 bit one 64,
>> If I have a very large text message or an attachment of any size (even a
>> screen shot) the outgoing email message will stall. My old desktop
>> computer running XP does not have this problem.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Posting your question in the appropriate Win7-specific forum?
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
>
> Stating the Mail Client you're using and if the installed anti-virus
> application is configured to scan outgoing & incoming mail?
Using Mozilla Thunderbird and Microsoft Security Essentials but same
problem with Essentials turned off
From: Richard John on
On 07/06/2010 7:57 PM, PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

>>> Posting your question in the appropriate Win7-specific forum?
>>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
>>>
>>> Stating the Mail Client you're using and if the installed anti-virus
>>> application is configured to scan outgoing & incoming mail?
>>
>> I don't see windows 7 in the list of mail clients
>
> Huh?
>
> Are you accessing your mail in MS Outlook, Windows Live Mail,
> Thunderbird, or...?
>
> Networking, MAIL, and Getting Online forum
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7network/threads
>
> Internet Explorer forum
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads

Using Thunderbird