From: Richard John on
When I send from my two computers running Windows 7 - one 32 bit one 64,
If I have a very large text message or an attachment of any size (even a
screen shot) the outgoing email message will stall. My old desktop
computer running XP does not have this problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Richard
From: Mike S on
On 6/7/2010 2:50 PM, Richard John wrote:
> very large text message or an attachment of any size (even a screen
> shot) the outgoing email message will stall

It sounds like something's timing out. Do you have Thunderbird
installed? If so you might give this a try:

http://support.ecenica.com/email/troubleshooting-email/how-to-fix-connection-to-server-timeout-error-in-thunderbird/
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Richard John wrote:
> When I send from my two computers running Windows 7 - one 32 bit one 64,
> If I have a very large text message or an attachment of any size (even a
> screen shot) the outgoing email message will stall. My old desktop
> computer running XP does not have this problem.
>
> Any ideas?

Posting your question in the appropriate Win7-specific forum?
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

Stating the Mail Client you're using and if the installed anti-virus
application is configured to scan outgoing & incoming mail?

From: Richard John on
On 07/06/2010 6:26 PM, PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Richard John wrote:
>> When I send from my two computers running Windows 7 - one 32 bit one 64,
>> If I have a very large text message or an attachment of any size (even a
>> screen shot) the outgoing email message will stall. My old desktop
>> computer running XP does not have this problem.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Posting your question in the appropriate Win7-specific forum?
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
>
> Stating the Mail Client you're using and if the installed anti-virus
> application is configured to scan outgoing & incoming mail?
I don't see windows 7 in the list of mail clients
From: Richard John on
On 07/06/2010 6:10 PM, Mike S wrote:
> On 6/7/2010 2:50 PM, Richard John wrote:
>> very large text message or an attachment of any size (even a screen
>> shot) the outgoing email message will stall
>
> It sounds like something's timing out. Do you have Thunderbird
> installed? If so you might give this a try:
>
> http://support.ecenica.com/email/troubleshooting-email/how-to-fix-connection-to-server-timeout-error-in-thunderbird/

There is no timeout option with Version 3 which I am using.