From: bboere on
Hi, I just recently aquired a Xerox Phaser 8400 from a customer that
was replacing it with a bigger unit. I did a test page from the
printer before shutting it down and it seemed to work fine. I followed
the instructions for moving the printer when shutting it down and
allowed it to sit. I took the printer home and plugged it in and
turned it one. Now when the printer comes on I am getting a
07,010.43:11386 error coming up. I can access the web page on the
printer when it is one, but I can't do anything. I have checked the
error on the Xerox web site and it says to shut it down and take it in
for service. Anybody know what this error code is and what the problem
is with the printer?

Thanks

Brian

From: me@privacy.net on
In message <1160847419.968843.151930(a)i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
bboere <bboere(a)myrealbox.com> writes
>Hi, I just recently aquired a Xerox Phaser 8400 from a customer that
>was replacing it with a bigger unit. I did a test page from the
>printer before shutting it down and it seemed to work fine. I followed
>the instructions for moving the printer when shutting it down and
>allowed it to sit. I took the printer home and plugged it in and
>turned it one. Now when the printer comes on I am getting a
>07,010.43:11386 error coming up. I can access the web page on the
>printer when it is one, but I can't do anything. I have checked the
>error on the Xerox web site and it says to shut it down and take it in
>for service. Anybody know what this error code is and what the problem
>is with the printer?

The 860/8200 service manual indicated 07 is a 'process motor task
program fault codes' - most of them seem to be regarding the drum but I
can't see an 010 listed. Might the drum have been knocked when it was
moved?

--
Timothy
From: brian.boere on
Thanks Timothy. I called a local service person this morning and he
said that the error indicates that the printer head is stuck in a
tilted position. He said that it was likely purely coincidental that
this happened as it was moved. He figured that if I would have cycled
the power once before moving, it likely would have failed with the same
error. He thought it might be caused the cam shaft being split or a
problem with the tilting assembly. Each part is about $40 Cdn.

I was very carefull not to bump or jar the printer when it was being
moved, so I can't see the drum being knocked.

Thanks for your input.

Brian

me(a)privacy.net wrote:
> In message <1160847419.968843.151930(a)i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> bboere <bboere(a)myrealbox.com> writes
> >Hi, I just recently aquired a Xerox Phaser 8400 from a customer that
> >was replacing it with a bigger unit. I did a test page from the
> >printer before shutting it down and it seemed to work fine. I followed
> >the instructions for moving the printer when shutting it down and
> >allowed it to sit. I took the printer home and plugged it in and
> >turned it one. Now when the printer comes on I am getting a
> >07,010.43:11386 error coming up. I can access the web page on the
> >printer when it is one, but I can't do anything. I have checked the
> >error on the Xerox web site and it says to shut it down and take it in
> >for service. Anybody know what this error code is and what the problem
> >is with the printer?
>
> The 860/8200 service manual indicated 07 is a 'process motor task
> program fault codes' - most of them seem to be regarding the drum but I
> can't see an 010 listed. Might the drum have been knocked when it was
> moved?
>
> --
> Timothy

Pages: 1