From: jhell on
On 07/23/2010 15:43, Jim Trigg wrote:

ls -l /usr/share/misc/termcap*

You should see two files termcap and termcap.db

Check the perms of both and the existence of both.

I believe that cap_mkdb(1) is run on termcap to create the db but
someone else should chime in on this because I am not sure at the moment.

Regards,

--

jhell,v

From: Jim Trigg on
On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 10:25 PM, jhell <jhell(a)dataix.net> wrote:
> On 07/23/2010 15:43, Jim Trigg wrote:
>
> ls -l /usr/share/misc/termcap*
>
> You should see two files termcap and termcap.db
>
> Check the perms of both and the existence of both.
>
> I believe that cap_mkdb(1) is run on termcap to create the db but
> someone else should chime in on this because I am not sure at the moment.

argent(2) ~$ ls -l /usr/share/misc/termc*
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 206791 Mar 26 10:02 /usr/share/misc/termcap
-r--r--r-- 1 root wheel 1339392 Mar 26 10:02 /usr/share/misc/termcap.db

However, it is seeming like termcap.db isn't getting found, since it
runs correctly when I run screen with TERM set to xterm but fails when
TERM is set to linux (as it does automatically using either of my
standard terminal emulators).

Thanks,
Jim