From: Jason on
The videos I have play back fine on the Camcorder, but when I go to import
the videos to the computer, MM splits the videos into tons of smaller clips 1
- 6 seconds long and are not in any particular order. When i place several
of them together to make a larger clip MM crashes. Should I just import the
videos as one long file and trim them myself?
From: LVTravel on

"Jason" <Jason(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The videos I have play back fine on the Camcorder, but when I go to import
> the videos to the computer, MM splits the videos into tons of smaller
> clips 1
> - 6 seconds long and are not in any particular order. When i place
> several
> of them together to make a larger clip MM crashes. Should I just import
> the
> videos as one long file and trim them myself?

Yes. Without knowing your version of WMM more exacting help isn't
available. How are you importing the video?

If you look a www.papajohn.org, that web site has an enormous amount of
information available on it for all things Windows Movie Maker. I can't
recommend it highly enough to help anyone learn WMM.

From: John Inzer on
Jason wrote:
> The videos I have play back fine on the Camcorder, but when I go to
> import the videos to the computer, MM splits the videos into tons of
> smaller clips 1 - 6 seconds long and are not in any particular order.
> When i place several of them together to make a larger clip MM
> crashes. Should I just import the videos as one long file and trim
> them myself?
=======================================
In Movie Maker...on the 'Import File" screen...uncheck
the box...'Create clips for video files'...now you could
try importing the video as a single file.

If issues develop...it may be a file compatibility issue...

Many formats are reportedly compatible with Movie
Maker but the most reliable choices are:

Photos - bmp
Video - wmv or dv-avi
Music - wma, wav, wmv

And in many cases...projects become too large and
complex...the solution is to create smaller projects.

--

Volunteer J - MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice