From: Adam on
Hello my always-helpful friends,

I don't use SAS all that much and it's been probably more than a year
since I tried anything too serious. I'm just sitting down this morning
to get back into the swing of things, and I thought I started with a
straightforward, no-brainer problem, and apparently it's trickier than
I thought, or I'm not understanding something on the software end. I
borrowed a data set from the Massachusetts Institue of Technology open
courseware econometrics class (involving CEO pay and factors that
contribute to its determination), successfully read the data (proc
print has everything coming up where it is supposed to), but when I go
to do a simple linear regression model, I get an error in the log that
says "Procedure REG not found."

Here is the code (with the cards truncated for brevity). If anyone
would be so kind as to explain what it is that I'm doing wrong, I would
greatly appreciate it!! Thank you all, and without further ado:

DATA execpay;
INPUT salary age college grad comten ceoten sales profits mktval;
cards;
1161 49 1 1 9 2 6200 966 23200
600 43 1 1 10 10 283 48 1100
379 51 1 1 9 3 169 40 1100
651 55 1 0 22 22 1100 -54 1000
497 44 1 1 8 6 351 28 387
1067 64 1 1 7 7 19000 614 3900
945 59 1 0 35 10 536 24 623
1261 63 1 1 32 8 4800 191 2100
503 47 1 1 4 4 610 7 454
1094 64 1 1 39 5 2900 230 3900
601 54 1 1 26 7 1200 34 533
;
PROC PRINT DATA = execpay;
TITLE 'Executive Pay Data';
RUN;

PROC REG data = execpay;
MODEL salary = sales;
TITLE 'Sales as a predictor of salary';
RUN;

From: Adam on
Ack, figured it out. SAS/STAT apparently didn't get installed.
Shucks.

Sorry for the interruption!

From: Adam on

From: Arthur Tabachneck on
Adam,

Your code runs fine on my machine. I would guess that you will have to
reinstall SAS.

Art
---------

From: Arthur Tabachneck on
Adam,

Of course you need SAS/STAT for proc reg. Do you license it?

Art
--------