From: ngrTerry on
I have an instance such that any VB program will not work on a certain
PC.

It used to, but now the VBNET2005 generated executable will now not
execute.

I have tried creating a simple project with just a form on it with
Hello World in a textbox and even that will not execute in runtime.

There is no question of the framework not being installed because it
comes standard in the Windows XP SP2 and I have SP3 installed on the
PC.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DotNet framework and this has
NOT resolved the issue.

Can anyone please shed some light on this matter for me as I am
running out of ideas.

Many thanks in advance for any feedback.
From: Family Tree Mike on
On 4/29/2010 5:22 AM, ngrTerry wrote:
> I have an instance such that any VB program will not work on a certain
> PC.
>
> It used to, but now the VBNET2005 generated executable will now not
> execute.
>
> I have tried creating a simple project with just a form on it with
> Hello World in a textbox and even that will not execute in runtime.
>
> There is no question of the framework not being installed because it
> comes standard in the Windows XP SP2 and I have SP3 installed on the
> PC.
>
> I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DotNet framework and this has
> NOT resolved the issue.
>
> Can anyone please shed some light on this matter for me as I am
> running out of ideas.
>
> Many thanks in advance for any feedback.

If it gives an error when launching, what is the error?

If it does not give an error, are you running from a network share? Can
you possibly run the "Hello World" app from the c:\ drive?

--
Mike
From: ngrTerry on
Problem solved...

Uninstalled the DotNet framework. Deleted any folders in ProgramFiles
related to Framework, cleaned registry entries and reinstalled
framework....