From: HankL on
I am using Outlook 2007
When I put in a telephone number in my contact, it automatically inserts a
1+ before the area code.
This is something I do not want.
Also, it puts in the area code for the telephone number. I use auto dial
from Outlook and in the area which I reside, it requires the area code + the
number.
However, because the area code is in parenthesis it does not dial that area
code and therefore my calls dialing from Outlook does not dial the number in
proper sequence

--
Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions,

HankL

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"HankL" <hlaskin(a)bendbroadband.com> wrote in message

>I am using Outlook 2007
> When I put in a telephone number in my contact, it automatically inserts a
> 1+ before the area code.
> This is something I do not want.
> Also, it puts in the area code for the telephone number. I use auto dial
> from Outlook and in the area which I reside, it requires the area code + the
> number.
> However, because the area code is in parenthesis it does not dial that area
> code and therefore my calls dialing from Outlook does not dial the number in
> proper sequence

The formatting of phone numbers in Outlook is hard-coded and is controlled by
the dialing options you've specified in the Windows Control Panel.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]