From: dmendesf on

I have a Platform Cable USB:

http://www.xilinx.com/products/devkits/HW-USB-G.htm

I want to start playing with spartan-6 devices, but spartan-6 is not
in the Device Family Support list of this programmer. Seems that only
Platform Cable USB II supports spartan-6:

http://www.xilinx.com/products/devkits/HW-USB-II-G.htm

Is it really that way? If so, does anyone have a good explanation for
it?

Thanks

Daniel
From: John Adair on
You should be ok with this cable provided you have a new enough
version of Impact (ISE).

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Raggedstone2. The Spartan-6 PCI Express
Development Board.