From: Hauke D on
A while back, Andy Ross posted a Perl script that pulls together the
many steps required to program a Digilent Nexys2 board under Linux:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.arch.fpga/browse_thread/thread/c7557a7b4bc9900c

I just wanted to let everyone know that this script, along with the
firmware it uses, is hosted at the "ixo-jtag" project on SourceForge:

http://ixo-jtag.sourceforge.net/

Regards,
-- Hauke D
From: Patrick Maupin on
On May 28, 10:47 am, Hauke D <hau...(a)zero-g.net> wrote:
> A while back, Andy Ross posted a Perl script that pulls together the
> many steps required to program a Digilent Nexys2 board under Linux:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.arch.fpga/browse_thread/thread/c7...
>
> I just wanted to let everyone know that this script, along with the
> firmware it uses, is hosted at the "ixo-jtag" project on SourceForge:
>
> http://ixo-jtag.sourceforge.net/

Awesome!

Thanks,
Pat
From: regomodo on
On May 28, 3:47 pm, Hauke D <hau...(a)zero-g.net> wrote:
> A while back, Andy Ross posted a Perl script that pulls together the
> many steps required to program a Digilent Nexys2 board under Linux:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.arch.fpga/browse_thread/thread/c7...
>
> I just wanted to let everyone know that this script, along with the
> firmware it uses, is hosted at the "ixo-jtag" project on SourceForge:
>
> http://ixo-jtag.sourceforge.net/
>
> Regards,
> -- Hauke D

Is there any way to make it permanent yet? nexy2prog is really handy
and i've had no problems with it.

I e-mailed Digilent back in February to see if they were going to
create a Linux client, this is what I got.

> Hello ###,
>
> A Linux port of Adept is currently under development and should be released in a couple of months. Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
>
> Regards,
>
> Levi Bailey
> Digilent Inc.

Well, time's up I suppose.
From: Dinçay Akçören on
On May 29, 9:32 pm, regomodo <regom...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 28, 3:47 pm, Hauke D <hau...(a)zero-g.net> wrote:
>
> > A while back, Andy Ross posted a Perl script that pulls together the
> > many steps required to program a Digilent Nexys2 board under Linux:
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/comp.arch.fpga/browse_thread/thread/c7...
>
> > I just wanted to let everyone know that this script, along with the
> > firmware it uses, is hosted at the "ixo-jtag" project on SourceForge:
>
> >http://ixo-jtag.sourceforge.net/
>
> > Regards,
> > -- Hauke D
>
> Is there any way to make it permanent yet? nexy2prog is really handy
> and i've had no problems with it.
>
> I e-mailed Digilent back in February to see if they were going to
> create a Linux client, this is what I got.
>
> > Hello ###,
>
> > A Linux port of Adept is currently under development and should be released in a couple of months. Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> > Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Levi Bailey
> > Digilent Inc.
>
> Well, time's up I suppose.

I tried to run AVR programmer using Wine in Linux. But I cannot manage
to do. Hope they are working on their AVR programmer too.
From: jt_eaton on
>On May 28, 3:47 pm, Hauke D <hau...(a)zero-g.net> wrote:
>> A while back, Andy Ross posted a Perl script that pulls together the
>> many steps required to program a Digilent Nexys2 board under Linux:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.arch.fpga/browse_thread/thread/c7...

>> I just wanted to let everyone know that this script, along with the
>> firmware it uses, is hosted at the "ixo-jtag" project on SourceForge:
>>
>> http://ixo-jtag.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> Regards,
>> -- Hauke D
>
>Is there any way to make it permanent yet? nexy2prog is really handy
>and i've had no problems with it.
>
>I e-mailed Digilent back in February to see if they were going to
>create a Linux client, this is what I got.
>
>> Hello ###,
>>
>> A Linux port of Adept is currently under development and should be
released in a couple of months. Sorry for the inconvenience.

>> Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Levi Bailey
>> Digilent Inc.
>
>Well, time's up I suppose.

That sounds great. The last time I heard from them there was nothing
planned.

I did try Andy's script on the Nexys2 board and the does work but I also
have a xilinx platform cable (dlc10) and the speed difference is quite
noticable.

John Eaton

Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com