From: Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB) on
Tell us what the error is.

Rick

From: Matt McMaster on
It's returning a #NAME? error, which basically means the Bloomberg function
didn't understand what I was giving it.

From: Zone on
Matt, I think it's a case of "you can't get there from here, you'll have to
go somewhere else and start from there!", meaning you'll have to build the
entire formula in a different way (maybe using a userform?) and insert the
entire formula in the cell, to get it to work properly. Seems to me if the
outer function (BDP) is looking for literal string arguments, it's not going
to be happy with UDF-created arguments unless the entire formula is created
elsewhere and inserted in the cell. Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe
Rick has more ideas. James

From: Matt McMaster on
Thanks James and Rick for the help. Just to follow up, Bloomberg does have
an RTD program that is a little more forgiving in what it will accept as
arguments so I'm going to use that for now and forego on using the Bloomberg
function. Thanks again for the help. BTW, if there is a way to extract the
address of a cell from what is specified in the function, I would still be
very interested.

From: Post Tenebras Lux on
Use the RTD wrapper.

The other BBG functions won't let you do what you want. RTD is very
flexible. Find someone at the desktop build group at Bloomberg (most of the
firstline responders won't have a clue), if that doesn't solve your problem.
If you type BBXL <GO>, open a couple of sample files, and find the author.
I've always found that they are very helpful (after an initial "it's not
really our job to support your programming").

Downside of the RTD wrapper - I think it's being phased out (either by BBG
or MSFT, can't remember which).

HTH

"Matt McMaster" wrote:

> Thanks James and Rick for the help. Just to follow up, Bloomberg does have
> an RTD program that is a little more forgiving in what it will accept as
> arguments so I'm going to use that for now and forego on using the Bloomberg
> function. Thanks again for the help. BTW, if there is a way to extract the
> address of a cell from what is specified in the function, I would still be
> very interested.
>
> "Zone" wrote:
>
> > Matt, I think it's a case of "you can't get there from here, you'll have to
> > go somewhere else and start from there!", meaning you'll have to build the
> > entire formula in a different way (maybe using a userform?) and insert the
> > entire formula in the cell, to get it to work properly. Seems to me if the
> > outer function (BDP) is looking for literal string arguments, it's not going
> > to be happy with UDF-created arguments unless the entire formula is created
> > elsewhere and inserted in the cell. Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe
> > Rick has more ideas. James
> > "Matt McMaster" <MattMcMaster(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Sorry, still returns an error.
> > >
> > > As an alternative, is there anyway to use the reference supplied by the
> > > user. So instead of getting the value AUD, I get B2 and then I could use
> > > that?
> > >
> > > Matt

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3