From: j_dixon on
We are using project 2007. I have written some vba code that reads a file and enters actual work data. After the process is complete, I want to save the project as an xml file. It took 4 hours to do the saveas. Obviously there is something wrong. If we do the saveas before the actual work is updated, it only takes about 6 minutes.

What can I do to correct the slow xml conversion process?

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
From: GS on
j_dixon was thinking very hard :
> We are using project 2007. I have written some vba code that reads a file and
> enters actual work data. After the process is complete, I want to save the
> project as an xml file. It took 4 hours to do the saveas. Obviously there is
> something wrong. If we do the saveas before the actual work is updated, it
> only takes about 6 minutes.
>
> What can I do to correct the slow xml conversion process?
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

You need to ask this in a Project forum. This NG is for VB classic.

--
Garry

From: j_dixon on
When I tried to post this to the project forum, it told me the selection was incorrect. This was the closes fourm that it let me select.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion/Project-2007-after-entering-actual-work-saveas-xml-takes
From: Mike Williams on
"j_dixon" <user(a)msgroups.net/> wrote in message

> When I tried to post this to the project forum,
> it told me the selection was incorrect.

Forum? Do you mean a real newsgroup, or do you mean one of those new fangled
Micro$oft forums which are really just for people who want to swap pictures
with each other and say nice things about Micro$oft.

I would have thought the microsoft.public.project.vba newsgroup would be the
place you would want to be, although having given it a quick look I can see
that it gets almost no traffic and so probably would not be of much use to
you. Alternatively, perhaps you should check out the
microsoft.public.project.developer newsgroup. I don't know anything about
Project 2007 myself (in fact I didn't even know what it was until your post
prompted me to check it out) but that latter newsgroup definitely gets a lot
more traffic than the other newsgroup I mentioned, and I can see some
Project vba related questions in there, and I would be very surprised if
real Project 2007 developers did not want to get involved with Project 2007
vba questions.

While you're there perhaps you might like to ask the regulars what date
Micro$oft intend to kill off that specific newsgroup (which is on the
cards), and what they intend to replace it with when they have done so. I'm
sure they will be replacing it with one of their Micro$oft Fanboy forums,
and even if you are not a Fanboy you can pretend to be one whilst you ask
your questions and post your pictures.

Mike

From: Paul Clement on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:32:07 -0700, j_dixon <user(a)msgroups.net/> wrote:

� When I tried to post this to the project forum, it told me the selection was incorrect. This was the closes fourm that it let me select.

Try the below forum link. There are a few here on the ignorant side that can't operate outside of
their knowledge of VB 6.0 and hatred for Microsoft. Just ignore their mindless ramblings.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/project2010custprog

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)