From: Mojo on
Hi All

Has anybody else experienced problems when using flash ocx controls in your
VB6 app since the latest Adobe flash player update came out??

I **think** I was on v. 10e and everything was rosey, a little message
appeared on PC startup saying do you want to update your flash player,
clicked yes and then all my bloody vb6/flash apps stopped working!!!

You can't save any changes to the code when a form has the flash ocx
component in the form. It keeps crashing with a System Error.

I'd kept the flash standalone installer for v10e, but couldn't even
reinstall it after uninstalling the troublesome one, as Adobe had put a
'catch' reg entry in to stop me reinstalling old versions!!!

Thankfully managed to find an uninstaller to get rid of this key and
re-apply my old flash version, but what's the craic??

Are Adobe trying to stop vb6 users from using the component in our apps??

From: Nobody on
"Mojo" <please(a)dont.spam.com> wrote in message

> Hi All
>
> Has anybody else experienced problems when using flash ocx controls in
> your
> VB6 app since the latest Adobe flash player update came out??
>
> I **think** I was on v. 10e and everything was rosey, a little message
> appeared on PC startup saying do you want to update your flash player,
> clicked yes and then all my bloody vb6/flash apps stopped working!!!
>
> You can't save any changes to the code when a form has the flash ocx
> component in the form. It keeps crashing with a System Error.
>
> I'd kept the flash standalone installer for v10e, but couldn't even
> reinstall it after uninstalling the troublesome one, as Adobe had put a
> 'catch' reg entry in to stop me reinstalling old versions!!!
>
> Thankfully managed to find an uninstaller to get rid of this key and
> re-apply my old flash version, but what's the craic??
>
> Are Adobe trying to stop vb6 users from using the component in our apps??

I don't know much about using flash in VB, but you may want to check this
alternative flash player/plugin, which is open source, and runs on Windows.
I haven't tried it myself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnash

Quote: "Currently, Gnash can play SWF files up to version 7, as well as some
features of the new version 8,9 and 10 files."

From: Mojo on
thank you

From: Calolo on
Hi guys:

I also had this problem with Flash 10 and I did it is uninstall and install
Flash player 9 of the link http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html

I hope my solution is helpful.