From: tecel007 on
Hypothesis 1; Velocity is discrete
Hypothesis 2; Acceleration is instantaneous
Hypothesis 3; Photon absorption causes the instantaneous and discrete
acceleration of mass in the same direction as the photon
Hypothesis 4; Photon emission causes the instantaneous and discrete
acceleration of mass in the opposite direction of the photon
Hypothesis 5; Photon absorption/emission cause relativitic effects
Hypothesis 6; General relativity is quantized and discrete

Proof;

A stationary mass [m=M, v=0, p=0, e=0] is comprised of N atoms in
state X
A photon [m=0, v=c, p=hf/c, e=hf] collides with a stationary mass

Upon collision;

The photon is completely absorbed
The mass is instantly and discretely accelerated to v = hfc / (Mc2 +
hf) (conservation of momentum)
The mass is instantly and discretely increased to M + hf/c2 (mass
contribution by a contained photon)
The mass is now described by [m=M + hf/c2, v= hfc / (Mc2 + hf), p=hf/
c, e=hf]

After Collision;

We observe the mass in it's own inertial reference frame [v = hfc /
(Mc2 + hf)], the mass is still comprised
of N atoms in state X [m=M, v=0, p=0, e=0]
The photon has been absorbed by the mass and yet there are no changes
to the mass when observing it in it's own
inertial reference frame
The photon absorption describes the relativistic effects in the mass
between the 2 inertial reference frames,
specifically the differences in mass m=M and m=M + hf/c2 from one
frame to the other.

Conclusion

Relativity concludes that that gravity acting on mass is equivalent to
the mass accelerating away from the geometric
centre of gravity when viewed from the mass's inertial reference
frame.

As seen above, acceleration is instantaneous and discrete and is
caused by the emission and absorption of photons.
Acceleration away from the geometric centre of gravity can be achieved
by the mass both emitting photons towards
the geometric centre of gravity, as well as absorbing photons from the
geometric centre of gravity.

While counter intuitive, it shows that gravity is discrete and
electromagnetic in nature, equivalent to the
2 way exchange of photons between the masses. it also shows how mass
is different when observed in different
inertial reference frames as predicted by general relativity.

Aaron Peapell
tecel007(a)hotmail.com
From: Androcles on

"tecel007" <tecel007(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Hypothesis 1; Velocity is discrete

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/discrete

Etymology: Middle English, from Latin discretus
Date: 14th century
1 : constituting a separate entity : individually distinct <several discrete
sections>
2 a : consisting of distinct or unconnected elements : noncontinuous b :
taking on or having a finite or countably infinite number of values
<discrete probabilities> <a discrete random variable>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/velocity

2 : the rate of change of position along a straight line with respect to
time : the derivative of position with respect to time

Since time is discrete and position is discrete, velocity cannot consist of
unconnected elements.

Hypothesis fails, it never got out of the starting gate. The rest is dead on
arrival.

From: dlzc on
Dear tecel007:

On Jul 29, 12:50 am, tecel007 <tecel...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hypothesis 1; Velocity is discrete

This means acceleration and higher derivatives have lots of
infinities. This is not seen.

> Hypothesis 2; Acceleration is instantaneous

This is not seen. Attempts at very high accelerations cause massive
physical changes in the body being acclerated.

> Hypothesis 3; Photon absorption causes the instantaneous and discrete
> acceleration of mass in the same direction as the photon

Photons are very much like Newton's "impulse", but photons don't
interact with "mass", the interact with "charge".

> Hypothesis 4; Photon emission causes the instantaneous and discrete
> acceleration of mass in the opposite direction of the photon

"mass" vs. "charge"

> Hypothesis 5; Photon absorption/emission cause relativitic effects

No. Relativistic effects can be observed in particles that have no
charge, and do not interact with photons.

> Hypothesis 6; General relativity is quantized and discrete

Relativity et al is a classical theory, and is thwrefore founded
continua of intermediate states. That is why getting agreement with
quantum mechanics has been such a hopeless nightmare. Relativity is
neither quantized NOR discrete.

Note that mass is proprtional to a quantum number and magnetic
moment. Note that the magnetic moment of a system of particles is
reduced if the distance between the particles is reduced. Note that
around any collection of particles, there passes a sea of "randomly"
directed photons. Note that photons have been used to excite and
induce magnetic moments in latex beads. Gravity may be just
collections of particles reducing their system energy, by reducing
their net magnetic moment, by moving closer together.

David A. Smith
From: BURT on
On Jul 29, 7:33 am, dlzc <dl...(a)cox.net> wrote:
> Dear tecel007:
>
> On Jul 29, 12:50 am, tecel007 <tecel...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hypothesis 1; Velocity is discrete
>
> This means acceleration and higher derivatives have lots of
> infinities.  This is not seen.
>
> > Hypothesis 2; Acceleration is instantaneous
>
> This is not seen.  Attempts at very high accelerations cause massive
> physical changes in the body being acclerated.
>
> > Hypothesis 3; Photon absorption causes the instantaneous and discrete
> > acceleration of mass in the same direction as the photon
>
> Photons are very much like Newton's "impulse", but photons don't
> interact with "mass", the interact with "charge".
>
> > Hypothesis 4; Photon emission causes the instantaneous and discrete
> > acceleration of mass in the opposite direction of the photon
>
> "mass" vs. "charge"
>
> > Hypothesis 5; Photon absorption/emission cause relativitic effects
>
> No.  Relativistic effects can be observed in particles that have no
> charge, and do not interact with photons.
>
> > Hypothesis 6; General relativity is quantized and discrete
>
> Relativity et al is a classical theory, and is thwrefore founded
> continua of intermediate states.  That is why getting agreement with
> quantum mechanics has been such a hopeless nightmare.  Relativity is
> neither quantized NOR discrete.
>
> Note that mass is proprtional to a quantum number and magnetic
> moment.  Note that the magnetic moment of a system of particles is
> reduced if the distance between the particles is reduced.  Note that
> around any collection of particles, there passes a sea of "randomly"
> directed photons.  Note that photons have been used to excite and
> induce magnetic moments in latex beads.  Gravity may be just
> collections of particles reducing their system energy, by reducing
> their net magnetic moment, by moving closer together.
>
> David A. Smith

Acceleration is energy passing through every speed up to its end
speed. There are infinities of speed inbetween which energy must pass
through by acceleration or deceleration.

Mitch Raemsch