From: bz on
"Inertial" <relatively(a)rest.com> wrote in news:4ba07594$0$27861$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

---------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^
>> and reflectors so that all paths from the emitter to
>> detector are the same length so they interfere constructively.

Sue seems to think that dialectics is the route to truth.
She even puts them (slightly misspelled) in telescopes.

:)

[quote from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dialectic]
dialectic
Also found in: Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia, Hutchinson 0.01
sec.
di�a�lec�tic (d-lktk)
n.
1. The art or practice of arriving at the truth by the exchange of logical
arguments.
2.
a. The process especially associated with Hegel of arriving at the truth by
stating a thesis, developing a contradictory antithesis, and combining and
resolving them into a coherent synthesis.
b. Hegel's critical method for the investigation of this process.
3.
a. The Marxian process of change through the conflict of opposing forces,
whereby a given contradiction is characterized by a primary and a secondary
aspect, the secondary succumbing to the primary, which is then transformed
into an aspect of a new contradiction. Often used in the plural with a
singular or plural verb.
b. The Marxian critique of this process.
4. dialectics (used with a sing. verb) A method of argument or exposition
that systematically weighs contradictory facts or ideas with a view to the
resolution of their real or apparent contradictions.
5. The contradiction between two conflicting forces viewed as the
determining factor in their continuing interaction.

or she lost her 'r'.
:)

--
bz