From: jannie on
I have a column of dates of wells that are drilling on given dates throughout
the year. There are also some dates that are in the same column that are rig
mob dates that I don't want to count those.
Example:
Date Drilled
1/1/2010
2/12/2010
3/10/2010
4/1/2010 Rig Mob
5/10/2010
6/12/2011
7/10/2012
8/5/2012 Rig Mob and so on for like 10 years

The wells are broken into groups by pads 8-10 wells a pad. Then the rig
moves to the next pad. I want to count how many wells drill on that pad in a
given year and ignore the date of the rig mob that's in the same column.
Let me know if you can help by giving me a formula to write this.
From: Luke M on
Perhaps something like this?

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B100<>"Rig Mob"),--(YEAR(A2:A100)=2010))

to count how many drillings occured in 2010.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"jannie" wrote:

> I have a column of dates of wells that are drilling on given dates throughout
> the year. There are also some dates that are in the same column that are rig
> mob dates that I don't want to count those.
> Example:
> Date Drilled
> 1/1/2010
> 2/12/2010
> 3/10/2010
> 4/1/2010 Rig Mob
> 5/10/2010
> 6/12/2011
> 7/10/2012
> 8/5/2012 Rig Mob and so on for like 10 years
>
> The wells are broken into groups by pads 8-10 wells a pad. Then the rig
> moves to the next pad. I want to count how many wells drill on that pad in a
> given year and ignore the date of the rig mob that's in the same column.
> Let me know if you can help by giving me a formula to write this.

Pages: 1
Prev: Stacked Column Charts help!
Next: Print Titles