From: Anti Pattern Free on
Hello Guys,
i have a strange behavior on app.setting...

I have defined the my settings (Application scope) in Setting panel on
project properties (my application is a class library)

now if i change manually (with notepad) the value in mydll.dll.config
start the application can use this dll and the value isnt changed at
runtime :(

have any idea about this behavior ?!!
From: kndg on
On 2/3/2010 1:25 AM, Anti Pattern Free wrote:
> Hello Guys,
> i have a strange behavior on app.setting...
>
> I have defined the my settings (Application scope) in Setting panel on
> project properties (my application is a class library)
>
> now if i change manually (with notepad) the value in mydll.dll.config
> start the application can use this dll and the value isnt changed at
> runtime :(
>

> have any idea about this behavior ?!!

Hi,

Any idea why you would want your library to have a config file?
One of the purpose of the library is to be shared/reuse by multiple
applications. If you allow your library to be configured through a
config file, changes in config file will certainly break the other
applications.

Regards.