From: Mr. X. on
When PropertyGrid is connected to a selectedObject :
How can I run through all of the object properties, which are seen on the
propertyGrid, and get the name + value ?
(What is behind PropertyGrid ?)

Thanks :)

From: Mr. Arnold on
Mr. X. wrote:
> When PropertyGrid is connected to a selectedObject :
> How can I run through all of the object properties, which are seen on
> the propertyGrid, and get the name + value ?
> (What is behind PropertyGrid ?)
>
> Thanks :)

You would use .NET Reflection to do it.

<http://www.switchonthecode.com/tutorials/csharp-tutorial-using-reflection-to-get-object-information>

From: Armin Zingler on
Am 20.06.2010 21:23, schrieb Mr. X.:
> When PropertyGrid is connected to a selectedObject :
> How can I run through all of the object properties, which are seen on the
> propertyGrid, and get the name + value ?
> (What is behind PropertyGrid ?)

What is the problem with the solution you already have? Doesn't
it work?

--
Armin
From: Mr. X. on
No.
(I have answered the previous thread).
As your advise, I did getProperties & getCustomAttributes either :
prs = ... getProperties
for I = 0 to prs.count - 1
dim prop = prs(j)
dim atts = prop.GetCustomAttributes
for each att in atts ... ' as your code below.

.... but I have reach the inner loop only when :specialAtt.Visibility was
hidden.
(And I don't get all of the properties, that are seen on the designer :
properties view).

It doesn't meter whether I use a serializable object or using Reflection,
but, I see that serializable isn't possible for Panel, I.e, and I didn't
understand reflection (I don't know if I should use getProperties method, or
getFields method -
both don't return the same fields' count as the property grid does on design
time).

Thanks :)

From: Mr. X. on
Let's a look of PictureBox, for example.
PictureBox has 28 properties, that are seen on design-time.
When I do
dim myPictureBox as PictureBox

myPictureBox.GetType().GetProperties().count ' count = 81
myPictureBox.GetType().GetFields().count ' count = 0

So I filter (by loop) : prs = myPictureBox.GetType().GetProperties()
j = 0
for I = 0 to prs.count - 1
if prs(I).canRead andAlso prs(I).canWrite andAlso
prs(I).PropertyType.TypeInitializer Is Nothing then
j = j + 1
end if
next

.... now k = 25 (almost, but the properties don't match the original
properties.
Here is the new list :
BorderStyle
ErrorImage
Font
Image
InitialImage
ImeMode
RightToLeft
SizeMode
TabIndex
AccessibleRole
Anchor
BackgroundImage
BackgroundImageLayout
BindingContext
ContextMenu
ContextMenuStrip
Dock
Height
Left
Region
Site
Tag
Top
Width
WindowTarget

There must be somewhere an example arround the internet, but I cannot find
one.
Need simple sample - how to retrieve & store, I.e., a Panel with all of its
properties, please.
Thanks :)