From: Ann on
I am protecting certain cells (Locking) in a workbook that is shared with
many people. I have allowed for them to be able to select locked cells,
sort, use Auto filter and edit scenarios and do formating. Everything is
working the way we want it EXCEPT we can not use the SUM function. is there a
way to do this?

From: Gord Dibben on
You can't use the AutoSum but you can type the formula into an unlocked
cell.

=SUM(range)

=SUM(a1,d3,f4,g6,a4)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Ann on
Thanks for the response, I figured that out. One more question. Now that I
have everything working and I know that to "sum" I am using the Fx (sum)
function. Is there anyway to still allow the Audit tracking - Trace
Precedents function ??