From: Skybuck Flying on
I investigated hamming a bit and wondered what would happen if I left out 1
bit from all data bits in a parity calculation, all data bits would receive
a parity bit... from that "experiment" it was pretty clear that this hamming
idea can only correct single bit errors ?!? Well maybe not because the
wikipedia link says it could correct more but doesn't explain how...

Anyway I think it might be necessary to "parity check" the parity bits as
well in a way... which reminds me of LDPC codes...

It seems LDPC code calculations happen on module 2 and matrices which might
just be up the gpu's alley ?! ;)

Here some links:

Link to hamming code on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamming_code

Link to LDPC code on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-density_parity-check_code

I am also looking at some LDPC document which came with some LPDC c software
which is on the wikipedia links section as well... seeing if it's any good
;) :) so far seems interesting ;)

Though I am not sure if LDPC's would apply to my case because they do seem
to require as many bits as data bits to be effective ?

Bye,
Skybuck.