From: dartelin on
Hi,
I'm running Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 on Windows Server 2003.
I'm about to install MS Project Server 2007 on it following this
guide: http://technet2.microsoft.com/Office/en-us/library/6771be81-3881-47b3-ba5f-29adf893286d1033.mspx?mfr=true
(from left menu choose: Office Project Server 2007 --> Deployment for
Office Project Server 2007 --> Deploy Project Server 2007 to a server
farm environment)

I cannot acomplish the step "Create the Shared Services Provider"
because the following error appears:

Provisioning failed: File or arguments not valid for site template
'OSRV'.

The logs stored this entry:

"The site /ssp/admin could not be created. The following exception
occured: File or arguments not valid for site template 'OSRV'..
System.ArgumentException: File or arguments not valid for site
template 'OSRV'. at
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWebTemplateCollection.get_Item(String
strKey) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.ApplyWebTemplate(String
strWebTemplate) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSiteCollection.Add(SPContentDatabase
database, String siteUrl, String title, String description, UInt32
nLCID, String webTemplate, String ownerLogin, String ownerName, String
ownerEmail, String secondaryContactLogin, String secondaryContactName,
String secondaryContactEmail, String quotaTemplate, String
sscRootWebUrl, Boolean useHostHeaderAsSiteName) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSiteCollection.Add(String
siteUrl, String title, String description, UInt32 nLCID, String
webTemplate, String ownerLogin, Stri...
....ng ownerName, String ownerEmail, String secondaryContactLogin,
String secondaryContactName, String secondaryContactEmail, Boolean
useHostHeaderAsSiteName) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSiteCollection.Add(Stri
Updating SPPersistedObject SharedResourceProvider Name=SharedServices3
Parent=SPFarm Name=SharePoint_Config. Version: 14459 Ensure: 0,
HashCode: 39250819, Id: e3d5d665-4c25-47c1-a273-b6b2a7f86dc6,
Stack: at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPersistedObject.Update() at
Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.SharedResourceProvider.Update()
at
Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.SharedResourceProvider.Provision()
at
Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.SharedResourceProviderJob.Execute(Guid
targetInstanceId) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPTimerJobInvoke.Invoke(TimerJobExecuteData&
data, Int32& result)
Provisioning for Shared Services Provider 'SharedServices3' has failed
and will be retried. Reason: File or arguments not valid for site
template 'OSRV'. Technical Support Details: System.ArgumentException:
File or arguments not valid for site template 'OSRV'. at
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWebTemplateCollection.get_Item(String
strKey) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.ApplyWebTemplate(String
strWebTemplate) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSiteCollection.Add(SPContentDatabase
database, String siteUrl, String title, String description, UInt32
nLCID, String webTemplate, String ownerLogin, String ownerName, String
ownerEmail, String secondaryContactLogin, String secondaryContactName,
String secondaryContactEmail, String quotaTemplate, String
sscRootWebUrl, Boolean useHostHeaderA...
....sSiteName) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSiteCollection.Add(String
siteUrl, String title, String description, UInt32 nLCID, String
webTemplate, String ownerLogin, String ownerName, String ownerEmail,
String s"

Does anyone know what it means and how can i fix it ?

Thank you
Adam

From: dartelin on
On 8 Sie, 20:44, Mike Walsh <englantilai...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWebTemplateCollection.get_Item(String
> > strKey) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.ApplyWebTemplate(String
> > strWebTemplate) at
> > Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSiteCollection.Add(SPContentDatabase
> > database, String siteUrl, String title, String description, UInt32
> > nLCID, String webTemplate, String ownerLogin, String ownerName, String
> > ownerEmail, String secondaryContactLogin, String secondaryContactName,
> > String secondaryContactEmail, String quotaTemplate, String
> > sscRootWebUrl, Boolean useHostHeaderA...
> > ...sSiteName) at
> > Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSiteCollection.Add(String
> > siteUrl, String title, String description, UInt32 nLCID, String
> > webTemplate, String ownerLogin, String ownerName, String ownerEmail,
> > String s"
>
> > Does anyone know what it means and how can i fix it ?

Sorry, but this seems to be a SharePoint problem and not Project
Server. Creating a Shared Services Provider is a part of SharePoint
and not Project. It's required for Project to run.

Anyone ?