From: Takeshi Tsujita on
Hello,

We have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 SP2 environment
and currently testing a disaster recovery scenario at a lab environment.

we are trying to restore Mailboxes & Public folders from backup tape
which was taken by 3rd party backup software. I have successfully
restore Mailboxes onto different name server using Recovery
Storage Group, however, I cannot find any way to restore Public Folders.

Does anyone know how to restore Public Folders onto different server name
box?

Please kindly let me know!

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Takeshi

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
I'm pretty sure the server has to have the same name. You might look into
OnTrack Power Controls, perhaps it'll do what you need.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Takeshi Tsujita on
Hello Ed,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.
That's what I thought... I hoped someone knows how to
get around this without any third party software like
the one you mentioned...

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Takeshi