From: Dave Peterson on
I don't understand why you have these lines of code:

> If ActiveWorkbook.ReadOnly = True Then
> ThisWorkbook.Close False
> Else
> ThisWorkbook.Close True
> End If

In this sub.

===========
I think I would drop your current code and visit Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/TimedClose.htm

But his code wants to close and save the workbook. So you'll have to change
this procedure from:

Public Sub SaveAndClose()
ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=True
End Sub

Public Sub SaveAndClose()
ThisWorkbook.Close 'savechanges:=True
End Sub

And you'll want to modify his _Beforeclose event to include your rules:

On Error Resume Next
Application.OnTime RunWhen, "SaveAndClose", , False
On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

becomes

On Error Resume Next
Application.OnTime RunWhen, "SaveAndClose", , False
On Error GoTo 0

If me.readonly = true Then
me.saved = true ' a white lie to excel
else
'stop any other events from firing
application.enableevents = false
me.save
application.enableevents = true
end if

End Sub

I don't know how/where you used that NoSave variable.

--

Dave Peterson
From: ordnance1 on
They are there so that at the end of the timer period (in this case 15
minutes), if the file was opened as read only the file will close without
saving changes, if the file is not read only then changes will be saved upon
closing. Since this workbook is accessed by many people, the timer is there
to prevent the workbook from being left open on someone's desk top (and
unavailable to others) for an extended period of time. But I will follow
your advise and check out Chip Pearsons site.

I do want to thank you for the time and expertise you have offered.

From: Dave Peterson on
But you're not testing anything before those lines execute.

So you'd be closing the workbook (saved or unsaved) when that portion of the
code ran.

Besides that, the code wouldn't compile for me. There was no label named
Finished (for example).

--

Dave Peterson
From: ordnance1 on
That code ran at the end of the timer. But I checked out the site you
recommended and was able to incorporate Mr. Pearsons code (removed my timer
code) and everything is working flawlessly. Again I want to thank you for
all your help.

From: Dave Peterson on
I don't understand how the old code ever worked, but that's not important now.

Glad you got the new code working the way you want.

--

Dave Peterson