From: Jim Olson on
Hello

I have a stituation where in the middle of migrating from exchange 2003 to
2007 my exchange 2003 server had a fatal hardware failure. I had finished
moving the public folders and all my mailboxes over to exchange 2007 on a
new server. I just had to move the public folders over. I have a backup of
the Public folder .ebd and the .stm. What I need to do is mount the
database in exchange 2007 or migrate the data somehow.

to recap I have have a exchange 2003 pub1.edb that I need to get the data
into an exchange 2007 public folder database, differnet server names, same
AD domain and same mail domain.

thanx in advance

Jim

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
You will need to rebuild the Exchange 2003 server. You can install Exchange
2003 on a server with the same name using the /DisasterRecovery switch.
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Recovering-Failed-Exchange-2003-Member-Server-Using-Disaster-Recovery-Switch.html
After you do that, you can dismount the public store, replace the pub and
stm files, delete the log and system files, and then mount the database.
Then you can create replicas for the public folders on the new server.

Or, you might check out either OnTrack PowerControls or Quest Recovery
Manager; maybe either of those can help you without having to restore the
server.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..