Prev: OCR
Next: Avast
From: Joe Caverly on
Hi,
Using the instructions from http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/doscltcp.htm
I have successfully setup an MS-DOS 6.22 system with TCP/IP and a
network card. I can PING various Internet web sites with no problem.

I would like to do more than PING.

Under Win98SE, I have used excellent freeware console utilities such
as GRABURL.EXE to download web pages from the console, and HTMSTRIP.EXE
to convert the HTML code to plain text.

I would like to know if there are any 16-bit equivalents to these
32-bit utilities, which I can use with the MS-DOS 6.22 TCP/IP.

Lacking this, does anyone know of documentation that outlines what
Interrupts to call so as to access the MS-DOS 6.22 TCP/IP from Turbo
Pascal 7.0 for DOS, MS-COBOL 4.5 for DOS, or QuickBASIC 4.5 for DOS? I
have googled, but could not find any Interrupt calls for MS-DOS 6.22
TCP/IP specifically. Lots of info on other TCP/IP stacks for DOS, but
none for the MS-DOS 6.22 TCP/IP stack.

Also, if anyone knows of any 16-bit DOS programs that use the MS-DOS
6.22 TCP/IP, such as email, ftp, web browsers, etc., please pass this
along.

Note that I have tried Arachne, but it only works with modems, not
network cards. New Deal Office also only works with modems, but it is
not freeware.

Thanks,

Joe

From: Gabriele Neukam on
On that special day, Joe Caverly, (jlcaverlyca(a)yahoo.ca) said...

> Lacking this, does anyone know of documentation that outlines what
> Interrupts to call so as to access the MS-DOS 6.22 TCP/IP from Turbo
> Pascal 7.0 for DOS, MS-COBOL 4.5 for DOS, or QuickBASIC 4.5 for DOS? I
> have googled, but could not find any Interrupt calls for MS-DOS 6.22
> TCP/IP specifically. Lots of info on other TCP/IP stacks for DOS, but
> none for the MS-DOS 6.22 TCP/IP stack.

Not even in
http://users.pandora.be/mydotcom/library/network/dostcpip.htm ? (sorry
for the blank space)
I think it looks interesting

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam(a)t-online.de

just so, at no cost.
From: Laurent Herve on

"Joe Caverly" <jlcaverlyca(a)yahoo.ca> a ýcrit dans le message de news:
1125763840.888408.269070(a)g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com

<snipe>

> Note that I have tried Arachne,

The Arachne coming with UBCD 3.xx use my realtek 8139 card
without even asking me...btw arachne used 3com cards in the past,
i guess that where internet cards and not modems, i'm rather sure
about that. So it is not hopeless :)

laurent

From: Daniel Mandic on
Joe Caverly wrote:

> Hi,
> Using the instructions from
> http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/doscltcp.htm I have successfully setup
> an MS-DOS 6.22 system with TCP/IP and a network card. I can PING
> various Internet web sites with no problem.
>
> I would like to do more than PING.

Windows 3.11WfW/95/98/98SE/ME. Itýs DOS, and you have all TCP/IP easy
and comfortable via Windows. Especially ME should do well for paranoide
internet-user.

The best IMO for DOS, is Novell Netware.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Mandic
From: Daniel Mandic on
Joe Caverly wrote:

> Hi,
> Using the instructions from
> http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/doscltcp.htm I have successfully setup
> an MS-DOS 6.22 system with TCP/IP and a network card. I can PING
> various Internet web sites with no problem.
>
> I would like to do more than PING.

Look at PTS-DOS 2000. This should have anything for internetting. Itýs
not free but one of the best DOS. Very fast and capable....

Best Regards,

Daniel Mandic
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3