From: ra on
Hi ng,
what do you think about Avast antivirus Home edition? (It's freeware).

Thanks!

From: jmatt on
I use it on all my installs, back it up with ewido security & Prevex
suites, XP or free version Kerio firewall,
Ad-Aware/Spybot/SpywareBlaster/SpywareGuard/MSAntispyware for spy
files.

For ports.
Windows Worms Doors Cleaner
http://www.firewallleaktester.com/wwdc.htm
Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 server

Port Monster
http://www.portmonster.com/

From: Kerodo on
In article <dfooqu$m9$1(a)domitilla.aioe.org>, rocco.andrea(a)gmail.com
says...
> Hi ng,
> what do you think about Avast antivirus Home edition? (It's freeware).
>
> Thanks!

It's great. The best free AV in my humble opinion...
--
Kerodo
From: Slowhand Hussein on
On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:22:11 +0200, "ra" <rocco.andrea(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi ng,
>what do you think about Avast antivirus Home edition? (It's freeware).

avoid it like the corlissian plague it is. when it comes to a/v, you
get what you pay for. however, avg comes close to being useful.

From: Morten Skarstad on
Slowhand Hussein wrote:
> avoid it like the corlissian plague it is. when it comes to a/v, you
> get what you pay for. however, avg comes close to being useful.

In what particular way do you find avast! so inferior to AVG?

Personally I find them both to be very competent. I find avast! less
cumbersome to use and maintain, although AVG does have an edge in resource
usage. And no matter how much money you fork out on anti-software, you are
kidding yourself if you think it makes you 100% safe.