From: Manuel Rodriguez on
I use Gnu Assembler and tried the "pushad" Opcode (push all register
to stack). But GAS says : "Error". Why? Exists a seperate pushad for
GAS?
From: Frank Kotler on
Manuel Rodriguez wrote:
> I use Gnu Assembler and tried the "pushad" Opcode (push all register
> to stack). But GAS says : "Error". Why? Exists a seperate pushad for
> GAS?

"d" is not a suffix Gas uses, AFAIK. Try "pushal" - guessing, not tested.

Best,
Frank

From: Rugxulo on
Hi,

On Dec 22, 1:07 pm, Frank Kotler <fbkot...(a)myfairpoint.net> wrote:
> Manuel Rodriguez wrote:
> > I use Gnu Assembler and tried the "pushad" Opcode (push all register
> > to stack). But GAS says : "Error". Why? Exists a seperate pushad for
> > GAS?
>
> "d" is not a suffix Gas uses, AFAIK. Try "pushal" - guessing, not tested.

I don't really use GAS directly much either. But ".intel_syntax
noprefix" seems to support "pushad" fine. Disassembling with "objdump -
d" seems to show "pusha" regardless of mode. And yes, "pushal" seems
to work in AT&T mode. Worst case scenario, you can always hardcode the
".byte 0x60". ^_^

Pages: 1
Prev: Howto push edx
Next: Buon Natale