From: Gnarlodious on
I am running a script in a browser that finds the file in subfolder

Content=Plist('Data/Content.plist')

However, running the same script in Terminal errors:

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'Data/Content.plist'

Is Py 3 unable to find relative paths? I tried all kinds of tricks to
no avail. What is wrong?

-- Gnarlie
From: John Bokma on
Gnarlodious <gnarlodious(a)gmail.com> writes:

> I am running a script in a browser that finds the file in subfolder
>
> Content=Plist('Data/Content.plist')
>
> However, running the same script in Terminal errors:
>
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'Data/Content.plist'

What does:

ls -l Data/Content.plist

in the terminal give?

--
John Bokma j3b

From: Gnarlodious on
On Jan 18, 4:21 pm, John Bokma <j...(a)castleamber.com> wrote:
> Gnarlodious <gnarlodi...(a)gmail.com> writes:
> > I am running a script in a browser that finds the file in subfolder
>
> > Content=Plist('Data/Content.plist')
>
> > However, running the same script in Terminal errors:
>
> > IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'Data/Content.plist'
>
> What does:
>
> ls -l Data/Content.plist
>
> in the terminal give?

I can replace with absolute paths and it works as expected. Could this
be a Python 3 bug? Where as a CGI script it finds the relative path
but not in Terminal?

-- Gnarlie
From: nn on
On Jan 19, 8:03 am, Gnarlodious <gnarlodi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 18, 4:21 pm, John Bokma <j...(a)castleamber.com> wrote:
>
> > Gnarlodious <gnarlodi...(a)gmail.com> writes:
> > > I am running a script in a browser that finds the file in subfolder
>
> > > Content=Plist('Data/Content.plist')
>
> > > However, running the same script in Terminal errors:
>
> > > IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'Data/Content.plist'
>
> > What does:
>
> > ls -l Data/Content.plist
>
> > in the terminal give?
>
> I can replace with absolute paths and it works as expected. Could this
> be a Python 3 bug? Where as a CGI script it finds the relative path
> but not in Terminal?
>
> -- Gnarlie

Stop and think for a second what you are saying: It works with
absolute paths, it works as CGI script with relative paths, it doesn't
work in the terminal. What is different? Do you know for sure what
folder you are starting at when using the relative path? Most likely
the terminal starts in a different place than the CGI script.
From: Gnarlodious on
OK I guess that is normal, I fixed it with this:

path=os.path.dirname(__file__)+"/Data/"

-- Gnarlie