From: Michael Torrie on
On 06/16/2010 04:05 PM, My Python wrote:
> I would like to see some substantial example of an App written for a
> Modeless Dialog (fixed size, non resizable window) (If you have used
> WIndows MFC or Visual Basic you all know how elegant it is)

What is elegant about a fixed-size, non-re-sizable window? (Actually
what is elegant about MFC... shudder). Definitely sounds like something
out of Windows. How do you plan to deal with varying screen resolutions
and dot pitches if your dialogs are all fixed-size? What happens when
you run your app on a high res screen where the default font size is
twice as large as what you planned for?

Tk? PyQt? PyGTK? wxPython?
From: Michael Torrie on
On 06/17/2010 12:50 AM, Michael Torrie wrote:
> On 06/16/2010 04:05 PM, My Python wrote:
>> I would like to see some substantial example of an App written for a
>> Modeless Dialog (fixed size, non resizable window)
>
> Tk? PyQt? PyGTK? wxPython?

Nevermind that question. You stated that in your subject line. Perhaps
the best known, large program is IDLE. But I don't think it implements
any dialog boxes as you desire, though.