From: rm on
Here is a new tutorial that may be a good starting point for learning
Python.

http://www.themaemo.com/python-for-newbies/
From: MRAB on
Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
> * rm:
>> Here is a new tutorial that may be a good starting point for learning
>> Python.
>>
>> http://www.themaemo.com/python-for-newbies/
>
> Looks nice.
>
> I have two comments: (1) what is "the N900"?, and (2) the naming
> convention, using 'Num' for a variable and 'clsAddress' for a class, is
> opposite of the usual Python convention where one'd write 'num' and
> 'Address'.

[snip]
(1) Nokia N900.

(2) I agree that the naming convention is nonPythonic.
From: geremy condra on
> The N900 is what I consider the coolest portable device ever:
>
> http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/2009/10/09/nokian900-not-just-an-itoy/
>
> http://www.themaemo.com/and-now-for-something-completely-different-the-n900-and-its-killer-feature/

Dunno if you intended to, but in the last link you imply that you can't run
Python on android, when you can do so either via ASE or through the
JNI.

Geremy Condra