From: Pierre Thibault on
I am building from the source and installing Python on my machine.

I added these tests failed:

test_doctest
test_httpservers
test_logging

But I moved the Python installation folder on another directory and
the failed tests vanished when I tried again. The difference? The new
directory does not have any accented characters in its name while the
other one was having one.

Should I flag this has a bug?

I am installing Python 2.6.5. I am running OpenSuse 11.2 AMD64.
From: Thomas Jollans on
On 07/06/2010 11:17 PM, Pierre Thibault wrote:
> I am building from the source and installing Python on my machine.
>
> I added these tests failed:
>
> test_doctest
> test_httpservers
> test_logging
>
> But I moved the Python installation folder on another directory and
> the failed tests vanished when I tried again. The difference? The new
> directory does not have any accented characters in its name while the
> other one was having one.
>
> Should I flag this has a bug?
>
> I am installing Python 2.6.5. I am running OpenSuse 11.2 AMD64.

Before filing a bug, best test it with Python 2.7 (just released), 3.1,
and, if possible, py3k trunk.

I just tried to reproduce this with a current py3k checkout, where it
worked. Probably not an issue in Python 3.x due to the changed unicode
handling, but it might be a bug that has been fixed since 2.6.

From: Pierre Thibault on
On 6 juil, 17:37, Thomas Jollans <tho...(a)jollans.com> wrote:
> Before filing a bug, best test it with Python 2.7 (just released), 3.1,
> and, if possible, py3k trunk.
>
> I just tried to reproduce this with a current py3k checkout, where it
> worked. Probably not an issue in Python 3.x due to the changed unicode
> handling, but it might be a bug that has been fixed since 2.6.

I've tested with the version 2.7 and the issue is gone.