From: Berco Beute on
After first trying to install the beta of Python 2.6 on my Windows XP
64-bit machine I finally succeeded installing 2.5.2. But I still have
a some problem: Installing iPython, PIL, easy_install etc fails saying
that python.exe cannot be found (although I can start the python
interpeter just fine). The problem is that python cannot be found in
the registry. I tried Effbot's solution of adding Python to the
registry, but that doesn't help:

http://effbot.org/zone/python-register.htm

Anybody here that had the same problem and solved it?

Thanks.

2B
From: Martin v. Löwis on
> Anybody here that had the same problem and solved it?

Did you install the 32-bit or the 64-bit installer?

If the 64-bit installer, did you also install 32-bit or 64-bit
installers for iPython, PIL, and easy_install?

If you try to use 32-bit extensions or installers to locate a 64-bit
Python, that will fail: even if installation would succeed, you still
couldn't use the resulting installations, since you just can't mix
the two architectures in a single process.

Regards,
Martin