From: Pascal J. Bourguignon on
David Thole <dthole(a)gmail.com> writes:

> Yeah, I'm relatively new to Usenet so far...maybe 2 weeks old, so I have
> only begun to realize that he's actually a troll. How to killify him is
> something I'm not sure of yet...but seeing some spam get through, plus
> stuff like this makes me want to check up on how to do it. I also need
> to figure out how to make my client include previous posts, quoted at
> least somewhat. heh, using gnus...so I'm sure it's possible to get this
> configured right.

gnus, easy: just type M-x gnus-kill-file-kill-by-author RET on the
article of the author you want to kill-file.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
From: John Bokma on
David Thole <dthole(a)gmail.com> writes:

> Yeah, I'm relatively new to Usenet so far...maybe 2 weeks old, so I have
> only begun to realize that he's actually a troll. How to killify him is
> something I'm not sure of yet...but seeing some spam get through, plus
> stuff like this makes me want to check up on how to do it. I also need
> to figure out how to make my client include previous posts, quoted at
> least somewhat. heh, using gnus...so I'm sure it's possible to get this
> configured right.

F (shift F key) = follow up with quoting, no configuring needed (at
least not in my experience).
Regarding scoring, see:
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/Scoring.html#Scoring
(killfiles have been replaced by scoring).

--
John Bokma j3b

From: David Thole on
Thanks,

Another person who read also contacted me directly by email to help me
with the kill file. I think I got it working and all, so I'll know
within a few days if it worked or not :)

Thanks though.

David
http://www.thedarktrumpet.com
From: Peter J. Holzer on
On 2010-02-05 18:19, David Thole <dthole(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I avoided posting actual code because Xah Lee's post was cross-newgroup,
> which if I write something in Lisp, it definitely wouldn't be applicable
> to Perl or Python. It was a decision to keep it simple is all, language
> inspecific.

This is a noble goal, but "simple" and "language inspecific" don't go
well together. Apparently simple terms like "array" have slightly
different semantics in different languages, so to be language inspecific
you need to carefully define all these terms before you use them. If you
just write something like

a = b

without defining exactly what a and b are and what = does, everybody has
to guess and it is very likely that different people will guess
differently.

hp

From: Giorgos Keramidas on
On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 14:39:12 -0600, David Thole <dthole(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I'm relatively new to Usenet so far...maybe 2 weeks old, so I
> have only begun to realize that he's actually a troll. How to killify
> him is something I'm not sure of yet...but seeing some spam get
> through, plus stuff like this makes me want to check up on how to do
> it. I also need to figure out how to make my client include previous
> posts, quoted at least somewhat. heh, using gnus...so I'm sure it's
> possible to get this configured right.

Hi David,

I don't know which one of the two groups you are reading more often,
hence the cross-post. Please check the difference between 'f' and 'F'
in the Gnus manual. The later quotes everything, and you get to strip
the bits yourself.

HTH,
Giorgos