From: Aahz on
In article <mailman.127.1278023557.1673.python-list(a)python.org>,
Ethan Furman <ethan(a)stoneleaf.us> wrote:
>Aahz wrote:
>> In article <mailman.2365.1277844243.32709.python-list(a)python.org>,
>> Ethan Furman <ethan(a)stoneleaf.us> wrote:

>>> Bug submitted.
>>
>> For the benefit of people following along at home, it's nice to provide
>> the URL to the ticket.
>
>Hmmm.... Well, as this is my first ever bug post (yay! ;) I *think*
>this is what you want:
>
>http://bugs.python.org/issue9121

Congrats! And it's already marked closed! ;-)
--
Aahz (aahz(a)pythoncraft.com) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"If you don't know what your program is supposed to do, you'd better not
start writing it." --Dijkstra
From: Terry Reedy on
On 7/1/2010 6:42 PM, Ethan Furman wrote:

> Hmmm.... Well, as this is my first ever bug post (yay! ;)

Great!
> I *think* this is what you want:
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue9121

I believe Benjamin meant that it was already fixed in
http://docs.python.org/dev/py3k/
which is currently the 3.2a0 docs.
Good to check there before reporting a doc bug.

Terry Jan Reedy

From: Ethan Furman on
Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 7/1/2010 6:42 PM, Ethan Furman wrote:
>
>> Hmmm.... Well, as this is my first ever bug post (yay! ;)
>

> Great!
> > I *think* this is what you want:
>

>> http://bugs.python.org/issue9121
>

> I believe Benjamin meant that it was already fixed in
> http://docs.python.org/dev/py3k/
> which is currently the 3.2a0 docs.
> Good to check there before reporting a doc bug.
>
> Terry Jan Reedy

Thanks for the pointer, I didn't know about that. Checking it out,
though, it seems the entry for nested scopes has been removed in its
entirety -- not sure about fixed, but I guess it's definitely not broken
anymore! ;)

~Ethan~