From: Starman on
I am cleaning out unused software from my add/delete control panel and came
across Python 2.2.1 in my list. What is this and is it safe to uninstall?

From: Jason Marshall on
On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 10:56:30 GMT, "Starman"
<iknowbutidontknow(a)yahoo.com> in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
wrote this terrifying message:

>I am cleaning out unused software from my add/delete control panel and came
>across Python 2.2.1 in my list. What is this and is it safe to uninstall?

Short answer: Yes.
Safe answer: No.

If you don't know what it is, you should look up some information on
what it is, or see if anyone else who uses your machine knows why it
is there.
Jason Marshall
Australian Unemployed IT Technician/ASP Web Developer.
Email me: services_admin(a)hotmail.com.

ATTN: Help Others: Please keep all replies to my posts in the newsgroup.
Failure to do so can result in your message not being answered.
From: "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" on
Hi,

A programming language, possibly installed as support for some other
application. Should be safe to remove provided the program it was supporting
was also removed.
http://www.python.org/

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

From: S.Sengupta on
Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language.
See:-http://www.python.org

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Starman wrote:

> I am cleaning out unused software from my add/delete control panel and came
> across Python 2.2.1 in my list. What is this and is it safe to uninstall?

Pages: 1
Prev: Product Key
Next: tvDebug.log