From: Robert Baer on
Something has happened and now when i try to print a webpage to PDF,
it gets about 2/3 the way thru and i get error window "Insufficient disk
space for temporary file or other error writing PDF file".
Have about 400MB of HD space, perhaps similar RAM space (no way to
tell), cache folders empty (there are two), Temp folder empty, and 4
hidden folders in ..\Content.IE5 are empty (deleting them so new empties
does not help). This is in Win98SE.

So..how do i get it to work?
From: JD on
On 31/01/2010 6:15 AM, Robert Baer wrote:
> Something has happened and now when i try to print a webpage to PDF,
> it gets about 2/3 the way thru and i get error window "Insufficient disk
> space for temporary file or other error writing PDF file".
> Have about 400MB of HD space, perhaps similar RAM space (no way to
> tell), cache folders empty (there are two), Temp folder empty, and 4
> hidden folders in ..\Content.IE5 are empty (deleting them so new empties
> does not help). This is in Win98SE.
>
> So..how do i get it to work?

It's probably acrobat, I use Cute PDF writer or open office when I want
to create a PDF file, when I went to look for the links on the cute pdf
website I found this Recommendation:

"Excellent SIMPLE and PROBLEM FREE"
I have used many of these kind of Programs even one supplied by Adobe
and I can tell you I have had many hardships with those programs. But
this little Program has Consistently Printed All that I wanted to Print
WITH OUT EVEN 1 ERROR - even for the documents that the Adobe PDF
printer crashed on!!! COOL BEANS... COOL COOL COOL COOL

you will need ghostscript and the cute PDF software:

http://www.cutepdf.com/download/converter.exe
http://www.cutepdf.com/download/CuteWriter.exe

all the info and instructions here:
http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/Writer.asp

it installs as a printer, so you just print the webpage select the PDF
printer and it will ask you where you want to save it.

JD

From: Jeff Strickland on

"Robert Baer" <robertbaer(a)localnet.com> wrote in message
> Something has happened and now when i try to print a webpage to PDF, it
> gets about 2/3 the way thru and i get error window "Insufficient disk
> space for temporary file or other error writing PDF file".
> Have about 400MB of HD space, perhaps similar RAM space (no way to
> tell), cache folders empty (there are two), Temp folder empty, and 4
> hidden folders in ..\Content.IE5 are empty (deleting them so new empties
> does not help). This is in Win98SE.
>
> So..how do i get it to work?

Download the current version of Acrobat for free from www.adobe.com.

The problem you might face is that the current version might not run in
92SE. The real solution is to get a new OS, which will require a new pile of
hardware to support it.

From: Baron on
Jeff Strickland Inscribed thus:

> "Robert Baer" <robertbaer(a)localnet.com> wrote in message
>> Something has happened and now when i try to print a webpage to
>> PDF, it
>> gets about 2/3 the way thru and i get error window "Insufficient disk
>> space for temporary file or other error writing PDF file".
>> Have about 400MB of HD space, perhaps similar RAM space (no way to
>> tell), cache folders empty (there are two), Temp folder empty, and 4
>> hidden folders in ..\Content.IE5 are empty (deleting them so new
>> empties does not help). This is in Win98SE.
>>
>> So..how do i get it to work?

You do not have enough disk space. W98SE requires around 550Mb for
itself mostly in swap.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
From: Robert Baer on
Jeff Strickland wrote:
> "Robert Baer" <robertbaer(a)localnet.com> wrote in message
>> Something has happened and now when i try to print a webpage to PDF, it
>> gets about 2/3 the way thru and i get error window "Insufficient disk
>> space for temporary file or other error writing PDF file".
>> Have about 400MB of HD space, perhaps similar RAM space (no way to
>> tell), cache folders empty (there are two), Temp folder empty, and 4
>> hidden folders in ..\Content.IE5 are empty (deleting them so new empties
>> does not help). This is in Win98SE.
>>
>> So..how do i get it to work?
>

> Download the current version of Acrobat for free from www.adobe.com.
>
> The problem you might face is that the current version might not run in
> 92SE. The real solution is to get a new OS, which will require a new pile of
> hardware to support it.

I don't like piles (preparation H no good).
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: XP System Restore
Next: Lost old email msgs