From: Roja Gilwreathe on
> You can't stand the fact that _you_ haven't
> changed the game.

YOU could change the game, David. You're a smart, conscientious
developer with an authoritative knowledge of the intricacies of
browsers, and you're devoted to furthering your knowledge and
preaching doing things the right way.

However, it seems you only you want to be right if it makes someone
else wrong. Bug reports are constantly framed in the context of what
the major libraries are doing wrong. You won't go to a conference and
share with the community because it's a waste of your time. You don't
market My Library because you might have to actually support people
who don't already know everything you do.

So instead of changing the game, you're just mean. About everything.
All the time. Always. And you won't help a project unless they want
to accept that help with a heaping dose of your vindictive attitude.
From: Cody Haines on
Roja Gilwreathe <rojagilwreathe(a)gmail.com> wrote:
I hate to respond to such a useless attempt at anonymity. Seriously:
post with your real name, it's not like David's going to go hunt you
down.
But you make multiple good points.
> > You can't stand the fact that _you_ haven't
> > changed the game.
>
> YOU could change the game, David. You're a smart, conscientious
> developer with an authoritative knowledge of the intricacies of
> browsers, and you're devoted to furthering your knowledge and
> preaching doing things the right way.

That'd be your first good point. Nobody here denies that he is one of
the best, if not THE best there is out there today.
> However, it seems you only you want to be right if it makes someone
> else wrong. Bug reports are constantly framed in the context of what
> the major libraries are doing wrong. You won't go to a conference and
> share with the community because it's a waste of your time. You don't
> market My Library because you might have to actually support people
> who don't already know everything you do.
You say some of these things like their terrible. TBH, I wouldn't go
speak at a conference either (as if I'd be asked), because honestly, the
message can be gotten across just as clearly through places like these.
Maybe him not marketing MyLibrary (which he has claimed he does plan on
doing in the near future, IIRC) is somewhat selfish, but he's entitled
to that.
> So instead of changing the game, you're just mean. About everything.
> All the time. Always. And you won't help a project unless they want
> to accept that help with a heaping dose of your vindictive attitude.

True, but so are the vast majority of people on this NG, the vast
majority of the time. I hang around becaus they are some of the best,
and if you can cut through all the inane bickering, they all make rather
valid points.

Just my two cents

--
--Cody Haines