From: Lea on
On Jan 26, 2:01 am, "Jerry Boyle" <jerrybo...(a)att.net> wrote:
> "John Pollard" <8plus7...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Lea wrote:
> >> I have not bothered to update my version of Quicken for the last 5
> >> years.  Before that, I had purchased 5 of 6 versions.  I just dont
> >> have the patience to re-jig my thinking of how I handle my finances.
>
> > So what year, version, and release are you using?
>
> >> Over the last 5 year some of the holdings I have sold continue to
> >> appear on my portfolio list.
>
> > I can't picture just what you mean.  Can you be more specific?
>
> > What is your "portfolio list"?  Is it the Portfolio tab of the "Investing
> > Center"?  In what manner do the "sold" items appear?
>
> >> By now I have 1/2 a dozen such items.
> >> It is just annoying.
>
> >> I have actually tried to re-enter all the transactions relating to the
> >> delinquent holding, but it persists.  Has anyone else had this problem
> >> and found a solution.
>
> Usually this occurs for one or both of two reasons:
>
> (1) the stock is on your Watch List, and/or
>
> (2) a tiny fraction of a share remains (caused by a rounding error, often in
> the 6th decimal place).
>
> If this isn't enough info to resolve your problem, post back with the info
> John requested.
>
> Jerry

Neither is the case. I checked the watch list - nada, and the
fraction of shares is also a no go. I actually tried to delete & re-
enter each transaction, to see if anything needed to be 'cleaned'
out. It didnt help. Any other ideas?
lea
From: Lea on
On Jan 25, 9:51 pm, "John Pollard" <8plus7...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Lea wrote:
> > I have not bothered to update my version of Quicken for the last 5
> > years.  Before that, I had purchased 5 of 6 versions.  I just dont
> > have the patience to re-jig my thinking of how I handle my finances.
>
> So what year, version, and release are you using?
>
> > Over the last 5 year some of the holdings I have sold continue to
> > appear on my portfolio list.
>
> I can't picture just what you mean.  Can you be more specific?
>
> What is your "portfolio list"?  Is it the Portfolio tab of the "Investing
> Center"?  In what manner do the "sold" items appear?
>
> > By now I have 1/2 a dozen such items.
> > It is just annoying.
>
> > I have actually tried to re-enter all the transactions relating to the
> > delinquent holding, but it persists.  Has anyone else had this problem
> > and found a solution.
>
> --
>
> John Pollard
> Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

John, I am using Quicken Premier 2006

Once I have sold a holding e.g. 100 shares of AT&T, bought them, held
them for a year. The holding would appear in my portfolio view for
that entire year. Once I sell them they should no longer show up in
that view. In this case they just 'wont go away'. This means that in
my portfolio view I have several items, including this hypothetical
AT&T, in which I hold 0 shares.

Any ideas? Lea
From: Lea on

From: John Pollard on
Lea wrote:
> On Jan 25, 9:51 pm, "John Pollard" <8plus7...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Lea wrote:
>>> I have not bothered to update my version of Quicken for the last 5
>>> years. Before that, I had purchased 5 of 6 versions. I just dont
>>> have the patience to re-jig my thinking of how I handle my finances.
>>
>> So what year, version, and release are you using?
>>
>>> Over the last 5 year some of the holdings I have sold continue to
>>> appear on my portfolio list.
>>
>> I can't picture just what you mean. Can you be more specific?
>>
>> What is your "portfolio list"? Is it the Portfolio tab of the
>> "Investing
>> Center"? YES In what manner do the "sold" items appear? THEY
>> SHOW UP AS A LINE ITEM WITH '0' SHARES
>>
>>> By now I have 1/2 a dozen such items.
>>> It is just annoying.
>>
>>> I have actually tried to re-enter all the transactions relating to
>>> the delinquent holding, but it persists. Has anyone else had this
>>> problem and found a solution.

Click the "Options" menu item on the Portfolio tab; make sure the option
to "Show closed lots" is not selected.

From: JimH on
Lea wrote:
> On Jan 25, 9:51 pm, "John Pollard" <8plus7...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Lea wrote:
>>> I have not bothered to update my version of Quicken for the last 5
>>> years. Before that, I had purchased 5 of 6 versions. I just dont
>>> have the patience to re-jig my thinking of how I handle my finances.
>> So what year, version, and release are you using?
>>
>>> Over the last 5 year some of the holdings I have sold continue to
>>> appear on my portfolio list.
>> I can't picture just what you mean. Can you be more specific?
>>
>> What is your "portfolio list"? Is it the Portfolio tab of the "Investing
>> Center"? In what manner do the "sold" items appear?
>>
>>> By now I have 1/2 a dozen such items.
>>> It is just annoying.
>>> I have actually tried to re-enter all the transactions relating to the
>>> delinquent holding, but it persists. Has anyone else had this problem
>>> and found a solution.
>> --
>>
>> John Pollard
>> Your source of user-to-user Quicken help
>
> John, I am using Quicken Premier 2006
>
> Once I have sold a holding e.g. 100 shares of AT&T, bought them, held
> them for a year. The holding would appear in my portfolio view for
> that entire year. Once I sell them they should no longer show up in
> that view. In this case they just 'wont go away'. This means that in
> my portfolio view I have several items, including this hypothetical
> AT&T, in which I hold 0 shares.
>
> Any ideas? Lea

I have Quicken 2009. I have exactly that same thing in my portfolio
view, showing stocks that I no longer own. If I enable "Show Closed
Lots", then additional older stocks and funds show up. If I remove the
check mark under "watch" in the security list, they disappear from the
portfolio view. In fact, I watched one stock disappear and reappear in
the portfolio when I clicked on the check mark in the security list.

If that doesn't work, you can customize the view and remove individual
stocks or accounts. That might cause a problem if you buy the same
stocks again.
--
Jim
 |  Next  |  Last