From: pfisterfarm on
I'm trying to set up a new switch, a 4506e, for a remote site. Most of
our newer remote sites are using a 4506 and this is the first time I'm
working with a 4506e. Our standard configuration, which was in use
before I started here, has QoS settings. I'm not that familiar with
QoS, but I've read some about it and I have some idea as to what most
of it does. Most of the QoS commands in our standard config aren't
working in the 4506e. Does the 4506e have QoS? Is there some guide as
to setting it up? Below are excerpts from the config we're using that
are QoS related:

------------------

qos dbl
qos map dscp 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 to tx-queue 2
qos map cos 3 to dscp 26
qos map cos 5 to dscp 46
qos aggregate-policer XYZ_AGG 64 mbps 8 mbyte conform-action
transmit exceed-action drop
qos
!
class-map match-all match_XYZ
match access-group 142
!
policy-map police_XYZ
class match_XYZ
police aggregate XYZ_AGG
!
interface GigabitEthernet4/1
description server
qos dscp 48
!
interface GigabitEthernet4/30
description server
service-policy input police_XYZ
!
interface GigabitEthernet4/48
description upstream connection
qos trust dscp
tx-queue 1
shape 98 mbps
tx-queue 2
shape 1 mbps
tx-queue 3
priority high

From: brink on
On Jun 7, 9:53 pm, pfisterfarm <pfisterf...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a new switch, a 4506e, for a remote site. Most of
> our newer remote sites are using a 4506 and this is the first time I'm
> working with a 4506e. Our standard configuration, which was in use
> before I started here, has QoS settings. I'm not that familiar with
> QoS, but I've read some about it and I have some idea as to what most
> of it does. Most of the QoS commands in our standard config aren't
> working in the 4506e. Does the 4506e have QoS? Is there some guide as
> to setting it up? Below are excerpts from the config we're using that
> are QoS related:

Configuring QOS has changed for a Sup6 to MQC, there is a new section
for it in the configuration guide.