From: d_s_klein on
On Apr 11, 1:46 am, Anssi Saari <a...(a)sci.fi> wrote:
> d_s_klein <d_s_kl...(a)yahoo.com> writes:
> > It's part of Altera's 'check for updates'.
>
> > Just install rpm and be done with it; that's what I did.
>
> Isn't it easier to just symlink rpm to /bin/true?

That would depend on the return code the calling application (Quartus)
was expecting.

Having 'rpm' loaded on a Linux system is not evil.

RK
(Who is slightly annoyed by the OP's belligerent attitude and lack of
etiquette.)
From: Petter Gustad on
d_s_klein <d_s_klein(a)yahoo.com> writes:

> On Apr 11, 1:46 am, Anssi Saari <a...(a)sci.fi> wrote:
>> d_s_klein <d_s_kl...(a)yahoo.com> writes:
>> > It's part of Altera's 'check for updates'.
>>
>> > Just install rpm and be done with it; that's what I did.
>>
>> Isn't it easier to just symlink rpm to /bin/true?
>
> That would depend on the return code the calling application (Quartus)
> was expecting.
>
> Having 'rpm' loaded on a Linux system is not evil.

For me it's causing more problems with it than without it since there
are no rpm packages installed and I keep getting the message "error:
cannot open Packages index using db3" which seem to confuse Quartus
more than the "rpm: Command not found." message.

> (Who is slightly annoyed by the OP's belligerent attitude and lack of
> etiquette.)

You mean that I did not respond to your "Top-posted only to annoy ;)"
message?

--
..sig removed by request.