From: Don in San Antonio on
Using Quicken 2010 Premier and Outlook 2007on a winXP SP1 machine.
When using One Step Update I get an error report in the OSU Summary
that says Sync to Outlook failed. There is no associated error report
and I'm at a loss as to how I might resolve this problem. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Don
From: jslcr1 on
On Mar 5, 6:02 pm, Don in San Antonio <d...(a)satx.rr.com> wrote:
> Using Quicken 2010 Premier and Outlook 2007on a winXP SP1 machine.
> When using One Step Update I get an error report in the OSU Summary
> that says Sync to Outlook failed.  There is no associated error report
> and I'm at a loss as to how I might resolve this problem.  Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks Don

The Sync to Outlook only works if you have and use Quicken Home &
Business.
With One Step open take the check mark out of the box that has Sync to
Outlook next to it.

How do I install and use Intellisync for Quicken? (Quicken Deluxe,
Premier, or Home & Business)
Updated: 9/19/2009 | Article ID: 4528
http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/getting-started/setting-up-quicken/4528.html

On the the bottom of this article says "Intellisync for Quicken is a
separate application. You can install it or remove it without
affecting Quicken. However, it can only be installed from the CD
version of Quicken Home & Business; it is not included with the
downloadable version."
From: Don in San Antonio on
On Mar 6, 5:34 am, jslcr1 <jsl1...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 5, 6:02 pm, Don in San Antonio <d...(a)satx.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Using Quicken 2010 Premier and Outlook 2007on a winXP SP1 machine.
> > When using One Step Update I get an error report in the OSU Summary
> > that says Sync to Outlook failed.  There is no associated error report
> > and I'm at a loss as to how I might resolve this problem.  Any help
> > would be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks Don
>
> The Sync to Outlook only works if you have and use Quicken Home &
> Business.
> With One Step open take the check mark out of the box that has Sync to
> Outlook next to it.
>
> How do I install and use Intellisync for Quicken? (Quicken Deluxe,
> Premier, or Home & Business)
> Updated: 9/19/2009 | Article ID: 4528http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/getting-started/setting-up...
>
> On the the bottom of this article says "Intellisync for Quicken is a
> separate application. You can install it or remove it without
> affecting Quicken. However, it can only be installed from the CD
> version of Quicken Home & Business; it is not included with the
> downloadable version."

Thanks for the reply. Tried your suggestions and read the linked
article but still have the problem. I unchecking Sync to Outlook and
did a OSU but still have the error flag in the update summary. Sync
to Outlook has worked in the past but was not very useful. If I
remeber correctly, it would add bill and income reminders to my
Outlook calendar and I kept getting multiple entries for the same
item. Now I just have the darn error flag.

I'd be content if I could just turn off Sync to Outlook and get rid of
the error flag. Just guessing, but could this be a result of the
recent Quicken R7 update? I'm working with Quicken Support, but as
usual they misunderstood the question and I'm still waiting for a
sensible reply. I'll post here if and when the issue gets resolved.
Regards, Don
From: jslcr1 on
On Mar 6, 7:03 am, Don in San Antonio <d...(a)satx.rr.com> wrote:
> On Mar 6, 5:34 am, jslcr1 <jsl1...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Mar 5, 6:02 pm, Don in San Antonio <d...(a)satx.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > > Using Quicken 2010 Premier and Outlook 2007on a winXP SP1 machine.
> > > When using One Step Update I get an error report in the OSU Summary
> > > that says Sync to Outlook failed.  There is no associated error report
> > > and I'm at a loss as to how I might resolve this problem.  Any help
> > > would be greatly appreciated.
> > > Thanks Don
>
> > The Sync to Outlook only works if you have and use Quicken Home &
> > Business.
> > With One Step open take the check mark out of the box that has Sync to
> > Outlook next to it.
>
> > How do I install and use Intellisync for Quicken? (Quicken Deluxe,
> > Premier, or Home & Business)
> > Updated: 9/19/2009 | Article ID: 4528http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/getting-started/setting-up...
>
> > On the the bottom of this article says "Intellisync for Quicken is a
> > separate application. You can install it or remove it without
> > affecting Quicken. However, it can only be installed from the CD
> > version of Quicken Home & Business; it is not included with the
> > downloadable version."
>
> Thanks for the reply.  Tried your suggestions and read the linked
> article but still have the problem.  I unchecking Sync to Outlook and
> did a OSU but still have the error flag in the update summary.  Sync
> to Outlook has worked in the past but was not very useful.  If I
> remeber correctly, it would add bill and income reminders to my
> Outlook calendar and I kept getting multiple entries for the same
> item.  Now I just have the darn error flag.
>
> I'd be content if I could just turn off Sync to Outlook and get rid of
> the error flag.  Just guessing, but could this be a result of the
> recent Quicken R7 update?  I'm working with Quicken Support, but as
> usual they misunderstood the question and I'm still waiting for a
> sensible reply.  I'll post here if and when the issue gets resolved.
> Regards, Don

Try this number for

Quicken Customer Support Phone Number

Contact Customer Service at (800) 446-8848 ((800) 4-INTUIT).
For immediate assistance with your question,

If you deem it important, demand to speak to someone in the United
States.
You will go on hold for a few minutes and usually end up speaking
with
someone in the USA
From: Don in San Antonio on
On Mar 6, 9:13 am, jslcr1 <jsl1...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 6, 7:03 am, Don in San Antonio <d...(a)satx.rr.com> wrote:

> > > The Sync to Outlook only works if you have and use Quicken Home &
> > > Business.
> > > With One Step open take the check mark out of the box that has Sync to
> > > Outlook next to it.
>
> > > How do I install and use Intellisync for Quicken? (Quicken Deluxe,
> > > Premier, or Home & Business)
> > > Updated: 9/19/2009 | Article ID: 4528http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/getting-started/setting-up...
>
> > > On the the bottom of this article says "Intellisync for Quicken is a
> > > separate application. You can install it or remove it without
> > > affecting Quicken. However, it can only be installed from the CD
> > > version of Quicken Home & Business; it is not included with the
> > > downloadable version."
>
> > Thanks for the reply.  Tried your suggestions and read the linked
> > article but still have the problem.  I unchecking Sync to Outlook and
> > did a OSU but still have the error flag in the update summary.  Sync
> > to Outlook has worked in the past but was not very useful.  If I
> > remeber correctly, it would add bill and income reminders to my
> > Outlook calendar and I kept getting multiple entries for the same
> > item.  Now I just have the darn error flag.
>
> > I'd be content if I could just turn off Sync to Outlook and get rid of
> > the error flag.  Just guessing, but could this be a result of the
> > recent Quicken R7 update?  I'm working with Quicken Support, but as
> > usual they misunderstood the question and I'm still waiting for a
> > sensible reply.  I'll post here if and when the issue gets resolved.
> > Regards, Don
>
> Try this number for
>
> Quicken Customer Support Phone Number
>
> Contact Customer Service at (800) 446-8848 ((800) 4-INTUIT).
> For immediate assistance with your question,
>
> If you deem it important, demand to speak to someone in the United
> States.
> You will go on hold for a few minutes and usually end up speaking
> with
> someone in the USA- Hide quoted text -

Quicken Release 8 came out today. I installed the update and then did
a One Step Update. To my great satisfaction, the Sync to Outlook
error is gone.