From: CW on
We have several PCs running A2003 with a shared mdb on the server. They are
all in a similar position re Windows updates (XP) and Office updates.
On just one PC, running any one of our approx 40 queries causes Access to
crash immediately and every time with that boring "has encuntered a problem
etc etc" message.
I seem to remember a similar problem on another machine 2-3 years ago and it
was caused by (I think) a missing .dll, but I have tried all sorts of checks
and cannot see any difference between that one PC and the 5 others.
Ideas, please?
Many thanks
CW
From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 07:17:01 -0700, CW <CW(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

First of all, you are running in an unsupported configuration. You
should split your application in front-end and back-end. This has been
discussed here so often that you won't have trouble finding more
information about that.
Next the problem of that PC. I would uninstall and reinstall Office.
Run Windows Update to exhaustion, and get the latest display and
printer drivers. If that does not help, I would rebuild the machine.
Those seem to be drastic steps, but trying upteen things that result
in nothing takes an unknown amount of time. At least my approach takes
a known amount of time.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

From: david on
The solution is probably going to be the same anyway,
(uninstall, install), but the problem is too wide at the
moment. If you are interested, you need to test smaller
problems:

Is it still a problem for a local mdb?
It is a problem for any other mdb?
Is it a problem for a DAO object in a VBS script?
Is it a problem from Excel?
It is a problem for an Admin login?
Is it a problem with a different MDW?

(david)