From: 116 on
I have filenames listed in a DB with '.pdf', I would like to to run an update
query to loose the '.pdf' since everything is scanned as a pdf. There are
hundreds of entries. Can someone give me a hand with the script?

Thanks
David
From: KARL DEWEY on
In an update query AFTER BACKING UP DATABASE use this --
Replace([YourField], ".pdf", "")

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 07:21:02 -0800, 116 <116(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have filenames listed in a DB with '.pdf', I would like to to run an update
>query to loose the '.pdf' since everything is scanned as a pdf. There are
>hundreds of entries. Can someone give me a hand with the script?
>
>Thanks
>David

No "script" is needed; instead use an Update Query.

Create a query based on the table; select the filename field. Use a criterion
on the field of

LIKE "*.pdf"

to select only those records which need editing (it might be all records, but
be safe!)

Change the query to an Update query and update the field to

Left([your field name here], Len([your field name here]) - 4)

to trim off the last four characters.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]