From: Steve on
This is probably a very basic thing that I just don't know how to do.

I need to pull a report on people hired in December, regardless of
year, for performance appraisals. The hire date that I currently have
in the database is in the mm/dd/yyyy format. How do I sort on just the
Month portion of this. I can then build my reports off of the query.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

Steve
From: John Spencer on
Add a calculated field to the query.
Field: Month([Hire Date])
Criteria: 12

That gets everyone ever hired in the month of December.

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: Steve on
That is perfect! Thanks so much John!

I'm posting another question in a second, about a macro not working if
you could take a look at that one too it would be wonderful!

From: outrigger on
Also in Criteria you can put [Enter Month] as a parameter, when you run the
querry it will ask you for the month ie Jan