From: Curtis Stevens on
Is this possible in a query?

You have

Table A
Table B

There is a link or join between the two tables. Table A is the main table,
B is a sub or secondary.

When you view the records in datasheet, you see what is there. I want to
see ALL THE OTHER records, the ones that do not meet that requirement, they
do not have any records in table B. So they are being filtered out and I
want to only see those records.

Curtis
From: John Spencer on
Double click on the join line. Select option 2 or option 3 whichever says ALL
records in Table A and matching in Table B.

This should work AS LONG AS you don't apply any filtering criteria against
Table B. If you do that you will need something a bit more complex than
simply changing the join type. If you apply criteria against table B it will
then ignore the change in the join type.

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: Curtis Stevens on
Nevermind, I think I figure it out...

"Curtis Stevens" wrote:

> Is this possible in a query?
>
> You have
>
> Table A
> Table B
>
> There is a link or join between the two tables. Table A is the main table,
> B is a sub or secondary.
>
> When you view the records in datasheet, you see what is there. I want to
> see ALL THE OTHER records, the ones that do not meet that requirement, they
> do not have any records in table B. So they are being filtered out and I
> want to only see those records.
>
> Curtis

Pages: 1
Prev: Access 2003