From: John on
I have two tables, one table listing names of people who did not receive a
gift card and a second table of people who were taxed for the gift cards.
Both tables use the name field ( I did not set up the tables but this field
is first and last name) in common. I need to find out if there are people on
the tax list who did not receive a gift card. So if a name is on the tax list
it should not be on the did not receive list. Therefore, they were taxed for
the card but never received it.
From: ghetto_banjo on
if i am reading it correctly, you just want the names that appear in
both tables? That would be a regular Select query Joining the tables.

SELECT tblNoReceive.Name FROM tblNoReceive INNER JOIN tblTaxed ON
tblNoReceive.Name = tblTaxed.Name

you may wish to alter these tables to get an appropriate primary key
setup as people share the same names.