From: DTNHRD on

From: DTNHRD on
Please note that this a query for employees to view only. There is no data
entry or edit ability. Am I approaching it from the wrong angle? TIA

From: Jerry Whittle on
Whoops. Time for a brain reboot or at least a dope slap to my head.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: ghetto_banjo on

Quoted: This system is on all the time - 24/7, so employees may apply
for jobs at all hours. The query behind the report was intended to
return records UNTIL they hit their individual deadline date and
time. All of them have the same deadline TIME but different dates - I
want the query to compare the deadline date and time against that of
the system date and time. Return/show the record (JobPosting) until
the SYSTEM time = (Deadline) date and time. I looked at my underlying
date format to make sure it will correspond to the system and it
appears that it does. In plain language, I want this query to 'SHOW
[JOBPOSTING] IF [DEADLINE] IS MORE THAN TODAY AT 8AM'
-------------------------------------

The criteria on the Deadline should simply be >=Now(). If they open
the report at 3/15 8:00:01 AM, anything with a deadline of 3/15
8:00:00 AM will NOT show up anymore.
From: DTNHRD on
Thank you. I knew there had to be something simpler and I got ahead of
myself trying to find a more complex answer. Again, many thanks.

"ghetto_banjo" wrote:

> Quoted: This system is on all the time - 24/7, so employees may apply
> for jobs at all hours. The query behind the report was intended to
> return records UNTIL they hit their individual deadline date and
> time. All of them have the same deadline TIME but different dates - I
> want the query to compare the deadline date and time against that of
> the system date and time. Return/show the record (JobPosting) until
> the SYSTEM time = (Deadline) date and time. I looked at my underlying
> date format to make sure it will correspond to the system and it
> appears that it does. In plain language, I want this query to 'SHOW
> [JOBPOSTING] IF [DEADLINE] IS MORE THAN TODAY AT 8AM'
>

> The criteria on the Deadline should simply be >=Now(). If they open
> the report at 3/15 8:00:01 AM, anything with a deadline of 3/15
> 8:00:00 AM will NOT show up anymore.
> .

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: "is not a valid name. Make sure...
Next: Update Query