From: Joe on
Hi

Using an expression as follows...

SELECT IDCustomer AS Code, Name, Address FROM Customers

....the AS clause doesn't work in Access 2007.

Running the query, the column caption remains IDCustomer.

What is the problem? Why this happens?

Is there any solution (except back to 2003)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joe

From: John W. Vinson on
On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 20:31:19 -0200, "Joe" <j.l.pires(a)uol.com.br> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Using an expression as follows...
>
>SELECT IDCustomer AS Code, Name, Address FROM Customers
>
>...the AS clause doesn't work in Access 2007.
>
>Running the query, the column caption remains IDCustomer.
>
>What is the problem? Why this happens?
>
>Is there any solution (except back to 2003)?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help.
>
>Joe

This is probably another reserved name. 2007 is much pickier about using
reserved words (Code, Date, Order, etc.) as fieldnames.

Does it work if you use AS CustomerCode? Or you might try

AS [Code]

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Joe on
Hi John

The name Code was just an example.

Anything I type, a regular text or even a name - Robert - for example, it
doesn't work.

I'm using a Access 2007 in Brazilian-portuguese version.

This customized version could be the problem? In positive case, is there a
solution?

Thanks in advance for your time and answer.

Joe

From: John W. Vinson on
On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 22:02:08 -0200, "Joe" <j.l.pires(a)uol.com.br> wrote:

>Hi John
>
>The name Code was just an example.
>
>Anything I type, a regular text or even a name - Robert - for example, it
>doesn't work.
>
>I'm using a Access 2007 in Brazilian-portuguese version.
>
>This customized version could be the problem? In positive case, is there a
>solution?
>
>Thanks in advance for your time and answer.

Odd! I have a database with a ton of queries, many of which use aliases, and
they work fine in 2007.

Try leaving out the keyword AS - it's optional in at least some contexts.

Perhaps you could post the actual complete SQL that's giving you the error.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Duane Hookom on
Do you have a Caption property defined in the table design?

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP