From: Searcher7 on
I have a Dell XPS-Z 866Mhz Pentium 3, with 384mb and a 20Gig hard
drive, which is running a fresh install of Windows XP.

For some reason even though I've transferred about 1 gig worth of
files back to the drive it is almost full, causing the reminders to
keep popping up. Before I re-installed windows XP I had the same
problem, and even thought I deleted all I could the hard drive would
begin to fill up again for no discernible reason.

And this is definitely not the first time I've had this problem. Can
anyone list the things that would cause this, and what I could try to
correct this problem?

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

From: RnR on
On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 22:02:41 -0800 (PST), Searcher7
<Searcher7(a)mail.con2.com> wrote:

>I have a Dell XPS-Z 866Mhz Pentium 3, with 384mb and a 20Gig hard
>drive, which is running a fresh install of Windows XP.
>
>For some reason even though I've transferred about 1 gig worth of
>files back to the drive it is almost full, causing the reminders to
>keep popping up. Before I re-installed windows XP I had the same
>problem, and even thought I deleted all I could the hard drive would
>begin to fill up again for no discernible reason.
>
>And this is definitely not the first time I've had this problem. Can
>anyone list the things that would cause this, and what I could try to
>correct this problem?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Darren Harris
>Staten Island, New York.

Sounds like you didn't do a Disk Cleanup. Deleted files aren't
really gone.
From: meerkat on

"Searcher7" <Searcher7(a)mail.con2.com> wrote in message
>I have a Dell XPS-Z 866Mhz Pentium 3, with 384mb and a 20Gig hard
> drive, which is running a fresh install of Windows XP.
>
> For some reason even though I've transferred about 1 gig worth of
> files back to the drive it is almost full, causing the reminders to
> keep popping up. Before I re-installed windows XP I had the same
> problem, and even thought I deleted all I could the hard drive would
> begin to fill up again for no discernible reason.
>
> And this is definitely not the first time I've had this problem. Can
> anyone list the things that would cause this, and what I could try to
> correct this problem?
>
> Thanks.

Apart from, disk cleanup
, you should check to see how much space
Ststen Restore is using.
Every little helps when you`ve only got a small hard drve.

From: MowGreen on
How is the drive formatted ... FAT32 or NTFS ?
If it's FAT32, convert it to NTFS.

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"

From: Bri on
Had a similar problem - uninstalling Zone Alarm cured it for me.
Bri.