From: saras on
hello all , I have triggered the chipscope on some error signal and is
getting triggered on error.But i am unable to analyse the cause of the
error. Is there any way we can sample the previous 20 or 50 samples
before trigger so that i can see which are the signals causing the
error ? Thanks in advance.
From: John McCaskill on
On Mar 12, 6:34 am, saras <saras_rajg...(a)yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> hello all , I have triggered the chipscope on some error signal and is
> getting triggered on error.But i am unable to analyse the cause of the
> error. Is there any way we can sample the previous 20 or 50 samples
> before trigger so that i can see which are the signals causing the
> error ? Thanks in advance.

In the trigger setup window, there is a subwindow named capture. On
the right hand side of the capture window is a field named position
that defaults to 0. Enter how many samples you want to see preceding
the trigger in that field.

Regards,

John McCaskill
www.FasterTechnology.com
From: saras on
On Mar 12, 6:34 pm, John McCaskill <jhmccask...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 12, 6:34 am, saras <saras_rajg...(a)yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>
> > hello all , I have triggered the chipscope on some error signal and is
> > getting triggered on error.But i am unable to analyse the cause of the
> > error. Is there any way we can sample the previous 20 or 50 samples
> > before trigger so that i can see which are the signals causing the
> > error ? Thanks in advance.
>
> In the trigger setup window, there is a subwindow named capture.  On
> the right hand side of the capture window is a field named position
> that defaults to 0.  Enter how many samples you want to see preceding
> the trigger in that field.
>
> Regards,
>
> John McCaskillwww.FasterTechnology.com

Thanks a lot.
But in the trigger setup window, there is no subwindow named capture.
All i have is " Enable trigger sequencer" , " Enable storage
qualification" , "trigger width" , "match type", "max number of
samples levels" , "samples depth" and then " Net connections". I'm
using a licenesed Xilinx 10.1 version.Is there any problem with
version or some other issue? Please help.
From: Matthieu Michon on
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 20:54:46 -0700 (PDT)
saras <saras_rajgiri(a)yahoo.co.in> wrote:

(...)

> But in the trigger setup window, there is no subwindow named capture.
> All i have is " Enable trigger sequencer" , " Enable storage
> qualification" , "trigger width" , "match type", "max number of
> samples levels" , "samples depth" and then " Net connections". I'm
> using a licenesed Xilinx 10.1 version.Is there any problem with
> version or some other issue? Please help.

Your are probably looking at the Core Inserter software. John was refering to the "Position" number field present in the ChipScope Pro __Analyzer__ software (the application used for capturing and displaying waveforms).

Regards

--
Matthieu Michon <prenom.nom(a)gmail.com>